McCoy stockman

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

McCoy stockman

Post by Reverand »

This McCoy serpentine stockman is 3-7/8" long, with carbon steel blades, and was manufactured by Bear and Son. Tang stamp reads "Mt Ida, Arkansas", and the Main has "X X" etched on the rear tang .
All three blades have great walk and talk.
I bought this knife as a factory second, and had to do the finishing sanding on the handles and blades. The Main blade has a hollow grind, and I accidentally put a divot on the backside of it with my sander. ::dang:: So it is a user now.
This is the same basic knife as Bear and Son's 497R, at almost half the price.

This is one of several "carrying" knives that I am posting today. I keep buying knives, but don't have enough pockets to tote them all! It needs a good home where someone will carry and use it.
$25 ships it to your door in the lower 48 States. Anyone else may contact me about shipping beforehand.
I accept Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, personal check (from long-time and active members), Money Orders, and cash. If you have another way of payment, let me know and I will consider it.
Attachments
IMG_20221126_214706813-1.jpg
IMG_20221126_214726180-1.jpg
IMG_20221126_214736104-1.jpg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
tallguy606

Re: McCoy stockman

Post by tallguy606 »

I have one of these new in the tube that I bought on vacation in Arkansas about 20 years ago. Literature inside says made in Arkansas, but I always thought was an Imperlal. Anyway, good solid stockman, mine has great snap and general fit and finish.
CampbellAr2

Post by CampbellAr2 »

They only do assembly from what I can tell, using steel from others

All they can assert with a few emails back& forth is "made in the USA" for the knife blades

They actually are a company called Quality Knife Sharpeners, that sell Arkansas novaculite sharpening stones

https://mccoyknifecompany.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CampbellAr2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:48 pm They only do assembly from what I can tell, using steel from others

All they can assert with a few emails back& forth is "made in the USA" for the knife blades

They actually are a company called Quality Knife Sharpeners, that sell Arkansas novaculite sharpening stones

Thanks for the link. Very interesting perusing their site. Wish they were not so far away. ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::mdm:: ::tu::
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

CampbellAr2 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:48 pm They only do assembly from what I can tell, using steel from others

I believe that they have used different manufacturers over the years. I used to have a McCoy 72 clone that looked like it was made by Camillus. I have two knives that were made completely by Bear & Son, not just parts. I purchased them from the Bear and Son factory in Jacksonville, AL two weeks ago.
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Bump. Will be posted on eBay if it doesn't sell here soon.
Jesus is life.

~Reverand
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

I’ll take it.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier