Made in Spain

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
OSCAR

Made in Spain

Post by OSCAR »

Ive always liked Spanish navajas. Got these in Spain about 25 years ago when the economy wasn’t in the toilet and knives were more affordable. While all were perfectly legal to bring in, it did raise a few eyebrows coming back to the US. Took a good bit of time explaining that I’m a collector. Well worth it though.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Made in Spain

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice Oscar! I'm a big fan of Spanish knives and have a few. Could we see the knife with the cross when it's opened please? Thx! 8)
8)
Alien883

Re: Made in Spain

Post by Alien883 »

OSCAR wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:40 pm Ive always liked Spanish navajas. Got these in Spain about 25 years ago when the economy wasn’t in the toilet and knives were more affordable. While all were perfectly legal to bring in, it did raise a few eyebrows coming back to the US. Took a good bit of time explaining that I’m a collector. Well worth it though.
Great collection of Andalusian Navajas!! These knives go way back to the Ottoman invasion back then when Invaders carried Arab short Swords, hence this Navaja style later on developed...and even some French folks bitterly defend it, lol....the early Laguiole was influenced by this style too...I love my Navajas, have some with ratchet lock and some ring or even pick lock....later exported to the Italien Switch blade lock systems.....there are great history and wild stories about some of these huge folding Navajas....fact is in the old days in Spain, only High class gentleman or Kings where allowed to carry long blades/swords....so folding knives started to appear,,,,concealed but still deadly....Spain had one of the most skilled knife fighters of all time!! Many poor souls bleed and died due to these huge blades,,,,its been said, if you heart that ratchet sound in a dark lonesome alley,,,,opening these blades,,,,you was toast for sure...lol
Thanks for showing your blades!!

Return to “European-made knives”