Hen & Rooster Question

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
BillyH

Hen & Rooster Question

Post by BillyH »

I have this old pen knife my wife’s grandmother gave to me many years ago. It’s got the Hen & Rooster logo on the blade but no soligen (SP). The thing is a sweet little knife that is quality. Did smaller knives like this come with just the logo.
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Knife
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hen & Rooster Question

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome to the forum Billy. To answer your question, yes, they do come with just the H&R logo and no Solingen. I have some like that in my collection. Not sure what the criteria for that is, it’s usually on these smaller pen knives.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

BillyH wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:48 pm I have this old pen knife my wife’s grandmother gave to me many years ago. It’s got the Hen & Rooster logo on the blade but no soligen (SP). The thing is a sweet little knife that is quality. Did smaller knives like this come with just the logo.
Aloha BillyH and ::welcome:: to the greatest knife site on the web! ::nod::

It looks like Mark (Sharpshinyknives) has already answered your question, but if you're interested in learning a bit more about Hen & Rooster knives, check out this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=724

Lots of good info there. ::tu::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
BillyH

Post by BillyH »

Thanks. Appreciate the info. Not a huge collector of knives but do have a bunch.

Return to “European-made knives”