WW2 Inter Italy Manual Folder

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
TheDudest

WW2 Inter Italy Manual Folder

Post by TheDudest »

I picked up this beauty off a Craigslist ad posted by a guy in his 70's. He told me his grandfather brought it back from Italy in WW2, but he didn't know the exact year. It was pretty well beaten up when I bought it: blade play, loose tension spring, grimy, and one of the scales had partially lifted away from the knife & was missing a pin.

Since then, I took it to a knife maker/restorer and what you see here is the finished product.

Most I've been able to gather is that it's a manual stiletto with horn scales; possibly only for self-defense thrusting as it doesn't seem to have ever been given an edge. The sole 'Inter Italy' stamp is a reference to unified Italy as a country of origin mark - I think. Pure speculation on that one.

Many web searches have yielded few results, but man, this thing a sight to behold. If any of you encyclopedic types have any additional info, I'm all ears!
Attachments
20210525_215621.jpg
20210525_215447.jpg
20210525_215508.jpg
20210525_215523.jpg
20210525_215646.jpg
Always carry; never tell.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WW2 Inter Italy Manual Folder

Post by Mumbleypeg »

“The knife was made for darker things”

- Guy Clark, The Randall Knife

::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TheDudest

Post by TheDudest »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:51 am “The knife was made for darker things”
Ha yes indeed I shudder to think what evil deeds this knife has done ::paranoid::
Always carry; never tell.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

It is a nice 11" stiletto but I don't believe it is WWII era. The keris style blade isn't much older than the 1960's if I remember correctly. I have an auto that size with a keris blade and sheephorn handles that a friend of mine got in Germany in that era.Kissing Crane made a bunch of them like that(mostly with stag handles)in the 1980's.One in that size is a bit unusual.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “European-made knives”