15” EdgeCo Manual Lockback Stiletto

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 15” EdgeCo Manual Lockback Stiletto

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm Just a clarification on your earlier post, Madmarco: “I'm afraid that your hope that Canadians knife rights will be repealed in our lifetime, just isn't gonna happen, but thanks for the well-wishes just the same!“

I assume you meant Canadian knife laws? Hell, you’ve had enough of your rights repealed already! LOL! Maybe once Trudeau is out of office, you’ll have a better chance. Knock on wood.

Here’s a cool knife from EdgeCo which I found on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IDUjTKykq8

You pull that back piece and it flings the blade open and push it in and it flings the blade shut. I think it’s actually not an automatic because it doesn’t open/close with a spring, but it instead uses a different kind of mechanical device that you manually pull and push on so I think it’s considered a manual knife. Just make sure your fingers are out of the way when closing! That dude in the video was making me nervous! LOL!
Thanks for the correction Mario, yes I did mean our laws, as you said, our rights are non-existent already!(NOT LOL'ing!) We can only pray that things improve once Trudeau-"lite" is unceremoniously bounced from office! Although, the alternatives aren't any better! Thanks as well for the video link, cool little knife he has, and I was thinking the same thing, if he gets a finger in the way he's gonna lose it! I posted a comment telling him so! Please post pics of your knives if you have em'! Mark! 8)
8)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

That guy in the video is an idiot! I have several knives that operate in the same manner and the last thing you want to do with one of them is open or close it with one hand!
The way they operate is the blade tang has several teeth on it that mesh with teeth on the sliding bar that projects from the rear.Here are several examples by different makers.
Attachments
MechanicalKnives.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:18 pm That guy in the video is an idiot! I have several knives that operate in the same manner and the last thing you want to do with one of them is open or close it with one hand!
The way they operate is the blade tang has several teeth on it that mesh with teeth on the sliding bar that projects from the rear.Here are several examples by different makers.
I'm sorry I'm so late with this response K7K, but I missed this post you did. ::doh:: Those are very cool knives you have there, ::tu:: thanks for showing them to us! 8)
8)

Return to “European-made knives”