Eye brand

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
OSCAR

Eye brand

Post by OSCAR »

I have seen new Eye brand knives for sale. I have thought they went out of business. Has the name been bought by another company, or are they the same? Thanks
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
RevolverGuy

Re: Eye brand

Post by RevolverGuy »

Great question. I believe after 1993 Eye Brand belonged to Olbertz. But other brands that belonged to them such as Fight'n Rooster, Buck Creek, and Bulldog were eventually sold and manufacturing sent overseas. I tried searching around online and Google came up with an address and phone number which I will list below. Looking at several of the big online knife stores, it appears the new ones being listed are still made in Solingen.

Friedrich Olbertz GmbH & Co. KG
Junkerstraße 36, 42699 Solingen, Germany
Phone: +49 212 332219
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks for your quick reply Revolverguy. I appreciate it. Thanks again. Oscar
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

any time I see Eye Brand questions or commentary it always reminds me that eyebrand guy Joe D is thee resource for this stuff. If you've never read the Knife World article he penned on the subject, you really should do yourself that favor. Joe was kind enough to mail me a photocopy and as modest as he is about it all, it's a great read. One of my favorites.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-

Return to “European-made knives”