Help Identifying ?EKA? Antique Pocket Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
yevor

Help Identifying ?EKA? Antique Pocket Knife

Post by yevor »

I couldnt find alot of information about this knife, or maybe i just never looked in quite the right place.
Attached are a few pictures, when i Googled all of the markings I kept getting circled around to EKA but never saw anything like this.
My great grandad had this knife in his collection of war items he had when he passed, he passed about 5 years ago at 82 if that helps give some sort of timeline.

The 3rd picture is the bottom face of the knife, theres a ribbon there that says "brique suede"
also not pictured is a soft suede pouch it slides into
Attachments
20190515_180521.jpg
20190515_180527.jpg
20190515_180606.jpg
20190515_180633.jpg
20190515_180641.jpg
20190515_180658.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Help Identifying ?EKA? Antique Pocket Knife

Post by kootenay joe »

It is a Swedish lobster pattern Gent's knife by by a company called "Halstrom". "EKA" might be a shortened version of the name of location.
These fancy Swedish knives are quite common with a variety of colorful handles.
kj
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

kootenay joe wrote:It is a Swedish lobster pattern Gent's knife by by a company called "Halstrom". "EKA" might be a shortened version of the name of location.
These fancy Swedish knives are quite common with a variety of colorful handles.
kj
EKA is an abbreviation for Eskilstuna Kniffabriks Aktiebolag or as I understand it Eskilstuna Cutlery Company. They make some nice gent's knives as the one pictured and many others.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think a few older knife makers joined together to become EKA and the older knives have the individual names marked on them like "Halstrom" on O.P. knife.
Eskilstuna is the name of the city where these are made. I was thinking "EKA" was short for Eskilstuna.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”