Weidmannsheil ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
outkast

Weidmannsheil ?

Post by outkast »

Mail Call from earlier in the week. I've been wanting one of these since I started collecting shell pullers. However they were usually more than I was willing to spend. Not sure if people didn't bid on this one for fear of it not being stamped Weidmannsheil. While it does have the Weidmannsheil shield, the tang is stamped, D.R.G.M. which stands for "Deutsches Reiches Gebrauchs Musterschutz" - meaning protected patented design under the Reich Government. D.R.G.M. registration was introduced 1891 and if you are dating items you should hold in mind that even during Allied occupation up until 1949, registration procedures remained untouched and still used the D.R.G.M. registration documents, which of course explains why D.R.G.M. marks can be found on products actually manufactured up until 1952 as the registration itself was valid for three years. As from the end of October 1952, all registrations were marked with 'Deutsches Bundesgebrauchsmuster' (D.B.G.M.) or simply with 'Gebrauchsmuster' or 'Gebrauchsmusterschutz'. Either way I got it and love, just need to find one of the lever lock models now
WEIDMANNSHEIL  1.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  2.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  3.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  4.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  5.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  6.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  7.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  8.jpg
WEIDMANNSHEIL  9.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Weidmannsheil ?

Post by doglegg »

I have seen other types of shell pullers but never one like that. Those Germans like things mechanical. Very good pick up. I love it. :D ::tu:: ::tu:: :D
BWT

Post by BWT »

It's beautiful, love it ::tu:: ::tu::
Bill
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I’m so jealous right now. Wow, I never heard of this shell puller. But of course I am land locked so unless someone collects these there isn’t much use for them here. Weidmannsheil knives bring a pretty penny. This looks like it’s built like a tank. Very nice!
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “European-made knives”