2 pen knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
britishink

2 pen knives

Post by britishink »

I think these are the pressed horn handles, one is stamped Eye Witness and the other stamp I cannot make out ...
20180727_132130.jpg
20180727_132319.jpg
20180727_132200.jpg
20180727_132221.jpg
At your service,
Paul Roe
The James Street Parlour
Syracuse, NY
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2 pen knives

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Paul, I think that tang on the bottom on has the word Sheffield, not sure what the other words are. Don’t know if that helps or not.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
GerryD

Post by GerryD »

I have a Taylors Eye Witness very similar to yours but it has a different “eye” mine is much more open. My knife I can date to being purchased in 1936 because it used to belong to my dad, how I lusted after that knife as a boy. I think I’ve been told that you can date the knife from the eye but I’ve never seen any evidence of that.
I can’t make out the other knife either other than it’s a Sheffield knife.
You have to remember these knives or bits of them were made by a man in a shed often as not and then the various bits were bought by the knife manufacturer in the case Tayors so there are lots of very similar knives about.

Gerry
Attachments
_DSC4973.jpg
_DSC4974.jpg
britishink

Post by britishink »

Thank you Gerry I love nice big photos I can zoom in on - that tang stamp is indeed different I think I'll have a look around for any Eye Witness stamp dates ...
At your service,
Paul Roe
The James Street Parlour
Syracuse, NY

Return to “European-made knives”