Old pocket knives from Norwegian

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Marius7

Old pocket knives from Norwegian

Post by Marius7 »

Hi,

All what I know that it's from Norwegian and both are made from silver smaller 830 and biger 925.
Maybe you know some information about this pocket knives? How much it's worth ? Is it worth to buy? :D
Attachments
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (1).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (2).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (3).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (4).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (5).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (6).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage (7).jpg
victorinox-sidabrinis-ir-vintage.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old pocket knives from Norwegian

Post by doglegg »

Marius7 wrote:Hi,

All what I know that it's from Norwegian and both are made from silver smaller 830 and biger 925.
Maybe you know some information about this pocket knives? How much it's worth ? Is it worth to buy? :D
Welcome to the forum Marius7, Those are both cool looking knives. Fancy knife and silver to boot what is not to like. Where are you from that you would find knives like that? Hang up you hat and stay a while, look forward to more pictures.
kootenay joe

Re: Old pocket knives from Norwegian

Post by kootenay joe »

The knife with scissors was made in Switzerland by Victorinox. It is possible that silver handles were put on by a silversmith in Norway. The other knife has no markings on the blades that i can see. It could have been made in Norway or made elsewhere and then had silver handles mounted by a smith in Norway.
Regardless of exact origin these are not high value knives because silver handled old folding knives are reasonably common and not many people collect them.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”