A.Halling Eskilstuna barrel knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
knife7knut

A.Halling Eskilstuna barrel knife

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this one up today at a local antique shop. The owner had just picked up a bunch of knives at an estate sale and this one was the best of the folding knives. He did get a couple of fixed blades(a Camillus Mk2 and a theater knife by someone named Charles J. Nelson that I'm interested in)but the one I liked he is holding off on selling until he gets some more information about it.
Gave hims $30 for the barrel knife which I think was a fair price.Smaller than the usual ones I see and has some nice carving on the handle. Cursory research on the name hasn't brought any info.
Attachments
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 001.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 002.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 003.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 004.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 005.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 006.jpg
A.HallingEskilstunaBarrelKnife-$31.80 007.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: A.Halling Eskilstuna barrel knife

Post by djknife13 »

Appears you did very well on that barrel knife. Nice knife and good going. ___Dave
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Alfred Konrad Halling (1840 – 1921) started his company in the years around 1870. In the 1890s, the company had about 50 employees. Alfred Halling produced a number of different hunting, dagger, and barrel knife models. The company was renowned for its high-quality work, especially the fixed blade models with silver or nickel silver trim and elaborate inlays and engravings. Alfred Halling died in 1921 and the company was sold and incorporated with the Heljestrand company in 1924.__ ::tu:: K.C.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

$30 !! That could go for about $100 on ebay. The small ones and the large ones sell higher than the usual about 4" ones. Carved handle adds value++. And blade is in good shape. I'll buy it for $60 if you want a quick double.
kj
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

KleenCut61 Thanks for the information@ I wasn't having much luck researching the name.Didn't realize it was that old.
Roland: Thanks for the offer but I really don't sell knives;even for an obscene profit! :mrgreen:
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Your Welcome .That's a dandy Knife7knut. Travelled From Far along Time ago , And You Find one from one of the most sought after makers 8) Nice Find ::tu:: < I need a Yard sale find :lol: Heat waves killin us Here in North East :mrgreen:
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

KleenCut61 wrote:Your Welcome .That's a dandy Knife7knut. Travelled From Far along Time ago , And You Find one from one of the most sought after makers 8) Nice Find ::tu:: < I need a Yard sale find :lol: Heat waves killin us Here in North East :mrgreen:
You should be getting some relief tomorrow if the weather patterns hold. Today here in Southeast Michigan(about 40 miles from Toledo Ohio)it was in the 70's;nice breeze and low humidity. It broke last night about 11pm.Usually our weather is yours the next day. My son lives about 30 miles north of Boston and that is what usually happens there.
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

A Perfect Day ::tu:: Keep-em comin Knife7knut :lol:.....Joe

Return to “European-made knives”