Piscitelli 2 Blade Pocket Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Oldreb

Piscitelli 2 Blade Pocket Knife

Post by Oldreb »

I recently acquired this small pocket knife and find it quite interesting. It is 3 1/2 inches long closed, 7 1/4 inches long with both blades open and the body of the knife is 9/16ths of an inch wide. The nicely matched light horn scales are in very good/excellent condition. Both blades have a bit of corrosion along their top edges. Both blades are full and unsharpened and except for the top edge corrosion still have a mirror finish. The bolsters are nickel silver. The bolster pins are steel - all the other pins are brass. The full length liners are also of brass. The back spring is very strong. When open the blades are tight with no blade play. The fit and finish of the knife seems to be excellent to me. Of particular interest to me are the tang stamps. One blade's tang is stamped "Frosolone" while the other blade is stamped "Vincenzo / G. Piscitelli / Frosolone". I have made numerous searches on several Forums and other sites and have been unable to find out anything about this combination of tang stamps. Vincenzo was the son of Gelsomino Piscitelli and I cannot help but wonder if this knife was made by Vincenzo when he was an apprentice to his Father. I have several Frosolone style switchblades that have either "Vincenzo" or "G. Piscitelli" stamped on them but none that have both of their names on the same knife. Any information about this knife would be appreciated. As always, thanks for looking.
Attachments
VinPocket6.JPG
VinPocket5.JPG
VinPocket1.JPG
VinPocket2.JPG
VinPocket3.JPG
VinPocket4.JPG
VinPocket10.JPG
VinPocket7.JPG
BWT

Re: Piscitelli 2 Blade Pocket Knife

Post by BWT »

Beautiful old knife, thanks for sharing it, nice first post to AAPK ::tu:: ::tu::
Bill
mdpiscitelli

Re: Piscitelli 2 Blade Pocket Knife

Post by mdpiscitelli »

Awesome blade! Any chance you’d be interested in selling as is?

Return to “European-made knives”