Seki Japan

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Seki Japan

Post by orvet »

A lot of Japanese knives have Seki Japan stamped on them. Seki Japan is a cutlery manufacturing city/area of Japan similar to Solingen Germany or Sheffield England.
I ran across a website about Seki Japan and they have a knife show there, actually I think it's two knife shows, and indoor and an outdoor show.
There is a website called Japanese knife direct which has a lot of information about the area.
http://www.japaneseknifedirect.com/aboutseki.html

Another really cool website is Seki knife show I thought it was really cool, with lots of pretty knife pictures, but it is mostly written in Japanese.
Unless you read Japanese are you can do is look at the pictures, but they are very pretty pictures! :mrgreen:
https://www.sekiknifeshow.com/ナイフショー/ナイフショー風景/
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Seki Japan

Post by jerryd6818 »

And the knives made in Seki are mostly considered to be top notch.

This Coleman stag trapper was made in Seki. The rest of the Coleman's I've picked up were made in that other huge far eastern country.
Attachments
Coleman CM Stag Trapper - Mark Open.JPG
DSC07407.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

They sure have some nice looking knives. I might have to get one of those... ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Many knives listed on ebay have "Seki Japan" in title or description, yet the knife is marked "Japan". I have messaged sellers about this and the reply is " all made in Japan knives come from Seki".
Seki city has many cutlery manufacturers a few of which make some of the world's best knives, but surely some knife manufacturers are located elsewhere in Japan ?
In general i have found that knives marked "Seki, Japan" are of higher quality than knives marked "Japan".
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I was able to get a fair amount of the Japanese translated via the google translation function. At first it said it was unable to translate. But there was a button to try again and the 2nd attempt was successful.

Return to “European-made knives”