Anglo Saxon Whittler

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Anglo Saxon Whittler

Post by Quick Steel »

This is a German made Bulldog knife engraved as a tribute to James Parker. The length is 5 1/8". The pattern is called an Anglo Saxon Whittler.
It came with a box and I think it could be called mint; certainly near mint. F&F is excellent and it certainly walks and talks. I personally find the covers to be more attractive than many other European stag handles.
P1020525.JPG
P1020524.JPG
P1020523.JPG
P1020522.JPG
XX Case XX

Re: Anglo Saxon Whittler

Post by XX Case XX »

Quick Steel wrote: I personally find the covers to be more attractive than many other European stag handles.
When you say "more attractive" do you mean how the Stag looks or how well it's fitted? I know that some Stag is really rough looking and others look very smooth. I guess different makers like to use different sections or portions of the antler as they like their knives to have a certain kind of appearance.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Mike, I prefer stag covers where the darkness of the stag extends over most of the cover. Some stag covers have a lot of white showing. Nothing wrong with that at all, just my preference for the other. Here is a good Boker that I would have preferred with less white.
P1010572.JPG
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Okay, I see what you mean now. Thanks. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “European-made knives”