Kershaw 1680 steven seagall flipper folding knife

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Tgibbs59

Kershaw 1680 steven seagall flipper folding knife

Post by Tgibbs59 »

Can anyone tell me when the Kershaw 1680 Steven seagall flipper folding knife was made,and how many were made? I don't see them around here (have only seen one,and bought it today),I'm in WNC, Thank you!
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Kershaw 1680 steven seagall flipper folding knife

Post by Gone2Three »

Can't help with the production number run, but I believe this knife came out about 15 yrs ago... 2007 or possibly earlier

Here's a nice write up on the KS1680 Steven Seagal model from Knife center below:

Steven Seagal, star of action films like "Under Siege," "The Glimmer Man," and "The Patriot," has teamed up with long time pal and custom knife maker, Ken Onion, to design an exciting knife for Kershaw Knives.

Kershaw's "Steven Seagal" knife blade features his signature in English on one side and in Japanese characters on the other. (Seagal is also well known as a 7th Degree, Black Belt Aikido Master.)

The knife has another exceptional feature: the handle includes a genuine stingray leather insert. Because of its beauty and durability, stingray leather has been used for centuries to enhance a wide array of products. It is most well known, however, for its use on Japanese sword handles. This is the tradition Seagal had in mind when specified stingray leather for the handle of the knife that bears his name.

In addition, the uniquely textured stingray leather provides a one-of-a-kind look and feel-plus additional gripping power.

This high style, high performance folding knife combines some of Ken Onion's signature design features along with the size, looks, and function Seagal demanded. For example, the knife features super-smooth, one-handed, manual opening. The user simply places his thumb on the thumb stud and pushes the blade out of the handle, following its natural arc.

The Steven Seagal knife also features a high-quality AUS8A stainless steel blade with a Rockwell hardness rating of 55-57. Naturally, the blade is honed to Kershaw's famous, incredibly sharp edge. The anodized aluminum handle is built to be both strong and lightweight, while the stingray leather insert provides a singular look. The handle also includes a removable or reversible pocket clip.

Made in Japan
Features:
Blade Material: AUS-8A Stainless Steel
Handle Material: Anodized Aluminum w/ Stingray Leather Inserts
Blade Length: 3-5/8
Closed Length: 4-7/8
Weight: 6.1 oz

Randy
Attachments
20220709_201600.jpg
Tgibbs59

Post by Tgibbs59 »

Thank you so much for your help and time
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

Wow Im surprised they made a knife with his name endorsing.He seems to be somewhat of an internet joke anymore for his on set actions and giant gut.I admit I did like his older movies.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I had one of these, but a buddy really liked it, and I traded him for another knife so, now it is gone. I kind of wish I still had it... ::teary_eyes::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”