Cheap Pakistan Boot Knives for "get off me" self defense?

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Captain O

Cheap Pakistan Boot Knives for "get off me" self defense?

Post by Captain O »

I have considered an "expendable" knife for concealing on my person. (Two days ago I was accosted by a homeless lunatic). He pulled out a dog's "choke chain". Drawing a large bowie on this fool caused him to back off, it was cumbersome, but the knife gave him cause to reconsider. A cheap Pakistani knife could be hidden up the sleeve of my sports jacket. (My Ontario SP1 is arriving tomorrow morning).

A little help here?
eveled

Re: Cheap Pakistan Boot Knives for "get off me" self defense?

Post by eveled »

KaBar TDI knives are the best bang for the buck in this catagory imho. The angle of the handles make them very safe and effective.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I'm guessing you don't live in a concealed / carry state. I prefer to keep my distance, from lunatics.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Usually those people present a very poignant aura. I would like to think I wouldn't let them get close enough to "accost" me.
Getting away, running away, can solve a lot of problems. In your scenario your problems are just beginning if law enforcement steps in.
You remark about self defense here at times. Surly you understand that being aware of your surroundings and being alert and avoiding
odd or suspicious behavior is the mark of someone who knows how to take care of their self and their family.
Joe
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

FRJ wrote:Usually those people present a very poignant aura. I would like to think I wouldn't let them get close enough to "accost" me.
Getting away, running away, can solve a lot of problems. In your scenario your problems are just beginning if law enforcement steps in.
You remark about self defense here at times. Surly you understand that being aware of your surroundings and being alert and avoiding
odd or suspicious behavior is the mark of someone who knows how to take care of their self and their family.
I avoided him two days in a row, telling him to leave me alone. The creature insisted upon harassing me. When he pulled the dog lead/"choke chain" I wasn't about to back off. That would have encouraged his aggressive behavior.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”