German gravity knife

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Happy jack

German gravity knife

Post by Happy jack »

Look at this great find. Original German paratroopers issue. Found knife in original box. Never issued or used.
Attachments
amazon-photos-shared-media1194794519.jpg
IMAG2958.jpg
amazon-photos-shared-media674364433.jpg
amazon-photos-shared-media951617328.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: German gravity knife

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s interesting. I didn’t think about this being a German knife. I had one of those in a collection I bought. It had no manufacturing marks on it and I convinced my self it was either made in China or Russia. Something in the back of my brain kept telling me paratrooper, but I coudn’t find anything on it. I’m so glad I stumbled across this post.
These things are built like tanks. Great find.
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: German gravity knife

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Does anyone know if these are basically the same (except for plastic scales) and function the same as the ones used in WWII by the German paratroopers? I found a German WWII model at a yard sale for $0.25 with the only problem being the metal piece along the back was broken, which I guess occurred because of using brittle steel.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”