STRIDER PT CC

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

STRIDER PT CC

Post by stagman »

Got a buddy looking for one of these, STRIDER PT CC
I am not well versed on these and would appreciate any direction
seen him at a reunion of a bunch of guys I retired with 11 yrs ago from GM
Thanks for any help on this knife

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
Darksev

Re: STRIDER PT CC

Post by Darksev »

Will,
Right now is a really bad time to be looking for Striders. There was some internet misunderstanding that lead to alot of people thinking that the company was closing (it's not) and that Strider Knives would become rare (they're not) so the prices in the secondary market are really out of whack right now.

Strider production is cyclical (i.e. they make usually one "run" of a model for 6 months or so, then switch to a different model depending on demand) and it's been a few since the PT-CC had a turn, so everyone I would consider a reputable dealer (i.e. not individual sale) is out of stock. Looking at the secondary market is tricky. You need to know who you're buying from, because fakes are rampant. Virtually every single ebay strider is a fake these days.

That said, they are an awesome little knife. I carried a PT-CC for a couple years exclusively at work and put it through it's paces. After dozens of sharpenings, breaking down thousands of boxes, and all manner of things one probably shouldn't use a knife for, I sent it back to strider because the lock bar, while still locking solidly, was hitting the G10 side (meaning it didn't have any more room to move. Future wear would have made the lock slip eventually). Think preventative maintenance. All it needed was a slightly larger stop pin.

The guys at strider sent me back my knife with a new stop pin, new style pivot, new washers and a completely new blade (their excuse was they thought it was getting to thick at the edge with all the sharpening, so they just swapped it for me). This was all done for essentially the cost of postage, years after I had bought the knife, no questions asked. That's a company you can trust. I traded the PT-CC for a Strider SJ75s last year, because the SJ is a bit more to my liking while being similarly sized.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: STRIDER PT CC

Post by stagman »

Thanks a bunch for all that solid info Adam....I am gonna copy that down
and email it to my buddy, much appreciated...
I knew nothing of the model or Strider knives, AAPK is the place to find out
just about anything you want to know that has a sharp edge on it !!!

Will ::handshake::
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”