Heiho help

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Hazzmatt

Heiho help

Post by Hazzmatt »

Hello, Does anyone know if the assist spring on the CRKT Heiho can be adjusted to open a little quicker and if so how it's done. Thanks.
"Wheresoever the light is brightest,
there also the shadows are darkest."
junebug

Re: Heiho help

Post by junebug »

hello ::handshake::

NO it can not be adjusted.

(note***......i have heard of times where ppl over tighten the PIVOT(or wear just gets it over tight).....this will lend to tighter tolerances , and sluggish ASSISTED action of spring.........you can try to loosen PIVOT,then tighten to no blade play..............if that works, take screw out, BLUE LOCK-TITE it, and re install ,to the same position just after ZERO blade play....let sit over nite. ::tu::

cool knife by the way.....i have one, and there is one for my nephew under the CHRISTmas tree right now :mrgreen:
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
rschuch

Re: Heiho help

Post by rschuch »

You can adjust it by getting a Hissatsu! I just got one recently and it was a little, well, VERY, stiff and tough to open at first, but after a week or so, it just flies open now. It was tough to open because the spring was so strong - when it opens now the whole knife just vibrates for a couple of seconds. I love it!

I had the Otanoshi as well, which is manual but opens easily, too, but it's SUCH an imposing knife (I had the veff serrations model) I felt self-conscious opening it in public to cut box tape, like using an elephant gun for pidgeons I guess, so I gifted it to my dad who's a big fan of the "imposing style of knifery". Great blade, just not an EDC for me.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”