What do you EDC?

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
TKC

What do you EDC?

Post by TKC »

What do you have for your EDC (Every Day Carry.)? Today I have on me: Matt Cucchiara Mini Scrapper "Gecko" knife (It has been my constant companion since it's arrival), a Jetbeam MKII (flashlight), Tom Krein TK-2, in D2 with Mark Nelson micarta in a kydex sheath (this is my pocket fixed blade.),a Peter Atwood 3 inch Wedgie, with lime green paracord, and an Alox Soldier SAK. Now, in my jacket, I keep a Peter Atwood Bug Out Bar & SF E1e, with spare battery. In my money wallet, I keep an Atwood PryBaby. What about you?
Here are links to the Jetbeam MK II & Peter Atwood's site.

1. http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products ... -6218&tb=1

2. http://www.phlaunt.com/atwoodknives/
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

colt combat commander in 45acp and what ever knife i pick up. ah... texas is great!
johnnie f 1949

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
TKC

Post by TKC »

I also carry a gun, but not everyday.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

tkc, i'm not a slim man and if i edc'd all the knives you do, my suspenders might snap! :lol:
johnnie f 1949

Bomber

EDC

Post by Bomber »

I guess we came from the same lifeboat.I EDC a Coldsteel X-large Voyager [ sometimes the XX too ] and a SAK,a mini Streamlight,a G-2 surefire,a Pro-tek Godfather [ jacket pocket ] ,a Glock 23 or 27 [ sometimes both ] cash,creditcards,I.D. [ cop ] ,ASP 16"expandable [ now that the knees are shot ] ,and in the car,a ASP 21"and can ASR,two more mags for tye glock [ as well as one on person ] and a carbine [ 30-30 ] ,as well as a rechargable Mag-light.But thats only if I do not expect to be in harms way,then I really EDC lots.And I am 5'4"and weigh a solid 180.
" A bad day living,Beats a good day dead "
TKC

Post by TKC »

Well, I have been EDCing my Hinderer XM-18, with a 3 inch blade. I always have a flashlight on me. At home, I have CR 2 Ion, XM-18, and a 3 inch Atwood Wedgie. When I go out, the knife changes to my Matt Cucchiara Mini Scrapper Gecko, as it does not interfere with me drawing my gun from my pocket. When I am wearing a jacket, I always have a SF E1e, with spare battery. If I am not wearing a jacket, I have the E1e in a leather sheath on my belt, as well as the CR 2 Ion. When I go to Boston, I have to carry a knife with a length no longer than 2 1/2 inches; so I carry my Matt Cucchiara Mini Scrapper Gecko knife.
marcinek

Post by marcinek »

Hi TKC!

For the last month or so SAK Super Tinker (soon to be replaced by a peanut, possibly a S&M or Queen) in my pocket and an AG Russell Woodswalker in my X-Treme Spec Ops Tactical Man-Purse.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

For a tactical EDC one of my favorites is my Buck 186. I like it so well I just ordered one in partial serration. One hand ambidextrous opener and doesn't scream tactical, but is ready if you need it. I also carry one of the knives I have customized. Lately my favorite has been a 77OT that I changed to a single blade & put red jigged bone handles on.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
useem

Post by useem »

BUCK 110 on my belt, Case 3254 in my pocket, and no guns for me, I live in California ::dang::
marcinek

Post by marcinek »

Almost forgot...also have a Cold Steel Urban Pal discreetly on the man-purse.
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

man-purse?
johnnie f 1949

El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Ok, this is fun. ::nod::

In the Blazer...

On my creaky old body...

Sometimes a different slippie, but this ought to about cover it.

NEXT!

Bill
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/getanedge
useem

Post by useem »

Holy smoke LOBO. I gotta move to Arizona ::paranoid::
marcinek

Post by marcinek »

X-Treme Spec Ops Tactical Man-Purse, johnnie!

Some might call it a soft attache, or shoulder bag, but I call it an X-Treme Spec Ops Tactical Man-Purse, which shows that: 1) I am extremely well-adjusted about my manliness; 2) I ooze TACTICAL from my pores; 3) I am ready for any civil emergency, natural disaster, or bear attack; and 4) I have a sensitive side (the ladies love a dude with a purse).

So...you wanna make something of it? You looking at me?

I didn't think so!
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

johnnie, johnnie, johnnie...

http://thesatchelpages.com/

:mrgreen: ::hmm::

Manly Bill
Please visit the Member Stores here at AAPK, including my store.....GET AN EDGE!
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

that's cool man. i think there is a man law about purses though. :lol: i guess i'm old fashioned but i still carry a wallet and i prefer as inside the pant holster or a yaqui slide for my .45. my knife rides in a sheath, the rest of my crap goes in pockets. hhmmmmmm, maybe i need a purse afterall. :lol:

no question about your male/sensitive side cause this is a manley site, and good for ladies as well. ::tu::

bill, thanks for the link, now i know. don't read the wall street journal.
johnnie f 1949

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I admit it. I carry a man purse sometimes. ::huff:: I have one of these, but I only use it on special occasions ...and only with my brown leather shoes. :lol: ...I have a green one that goes nicely with my black shoes. :mrgreen: :lol:

Bryan
Attachments
man_purse.jpg
Bryan
marcinek

Post by marcinek »

Just messin' with 'ya johnnie!!!

In the untamed wilderness that is Chicago, the man purse works for me as a livin' on the edge, playin' by my own rules textbook editor. ::smirk::

It does manage to contain my urban survival kit...SAK, Altoids, GameBoy, bandana, Band-Aids, rain hat, cell phone, etc, etc, etc.

It is interesting to see the differences in what constitutes appropriate EDC in Tejas vs. Chi-Town.

Though, and here comes my big point...I've been interested in Urban Survival for a while, and you know what I've concluded is the best knife for it?

A nice slippie. A SAK or maybe a Stockman, Whittler, Peanut, ... whatever.

I get the feeling its the same for TX Survival, too. I think that's pretty cool!
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Doggone it Bryan,

Nothin' beats a Camo like Man Purse when you're patroling the Effingham area. ::tu::

We like it... ::nod:: ::groove::

Bill (in the Bag)
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

hey bryan :shock: that a nice one, does it come in puce? :lol: i have a belley pack(camo, a man's colors ::paranoid:: ) that will hold my pistol and other crap. that bag looks pretty good though.
marcinek, whatever means of carry, a good slippie is hard to beat. thanks for being man enough to show your fem. sde. :lol: almost looks like a saddle bag. i was kidding you as well. ::tu::
johnnie f 1949

marcinek

Post by marcinek »

Well, I think Bryan and I have made it clear...the "boys from Illinois" carry man purses and are the coolest.

Now johnnie's belly pack...I don't know my friend...isn't that what the fellas doing their power walk in the mall at 6 AM wear over their velour sweatsuits? :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't pass that one up.
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

i have to use a belly pack cause i ain't got a fanny anymore. :lol: now i know why ken calls it the sick state. :roll: :lol:
johnnie f 1949

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I have a pretty good sized belly pack built right in. ::disgust::

It's a beer belly pack. Capable of holding close to a dozen beers or so. ::nod::

Bryan
Bryan
jonet143
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jonet143 »

actually, mine is an under the belly pack. because of my 401 keg retirement plan. ::shrug:: :lol:
johnnie f 1949

marcinek

Post by marcinek »

:lol:

You fellas are cracking me up.

Lets face it...man purse...belly pack...its all good.

Fella needs something he can stash his cool stuff in. As I get older (and belly pack gets larger) I find I get more like a kid...if I have some cool toys I can EDC...I'm pretty happy.

What's super cool is that, now that I'm a grown-up, if I want a pocket knife...I can buy one (or several)! Took me years to realize that.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”