Assisted Opening

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

Eeeeeooowwwww ::barf:: Your xray made my bones hurt... :shock:

Great looking automatic's folks.... :)
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

Dale,
Your wrist sounds alot more troublesome than my elbow. They only had to rebuild it once and I got about 45° movement in it. Now my leg was a different story, started with a 10mm rod and kept breaking. I now have a 13mm in it and it's about an inch shorter.
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

This particular knife seems to be in a little different catagory than ya'lls but it is an assisted opening knife...And its all I got!! :P

Sunburst
Attachments
WeidmannsheilLeverLock1.jpg
WeidmannsheilLeverLock1.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

That will work. ::tu::
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Tactical

Post by garddogg56 »

Hukk wrote:The top one is a Camillus Heat Black Tanto Point ComboEdge Blade, a liner lock that I like a lot, I believe Bryan has 1 for sale at a good price. The bottom one is a Automat Kalashnikov 74. OH, the openining is assisted by that little spring below it. :lol: :lol: These are the first tacticals I got and I won both as a prize in the knife club meeting I got to each month. :mrgreen: However, if I win again, I will have to buy the door prizes. ::paranoid:: I was surprised to find that I liked them as much as I do, I need to remove the belt clips on the backside, I don't find them useful, more annoying than anything else. I also need to add that spring. :D
Are the Camillus made in the USA???
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Assisted Opening

Post by TripleF »

I have these two. I reviewed both of these in my blog and L-O-V-E them!!

Kershaw Needs Work:

CRKT Badger Gallagher OUTBURST!

SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Kershaw Ken Onion speed safe,on left when I need one hand operation at work ::nod:: It is also my EDC ::tu:: The others are Klein electrician knives.
Attachments
100_1508.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A couple of Kershaw Leeks and a Scallion. Also a Meyerco Blackie Collins Strut 'N Cut Rascal and a couple of Chinese POS AOs. One because it has the Marine Corps emblem on it, the other because it was a dollar. No pictures on the last three.
Attachments
Kershaw Leek.JPG
Kershaw Leek - Marine #25.JPG
Kershaw Scallion - Marine #25.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

garddogg56 wrote:
Hukk wrote:The top one is a Camillus Heat Black Tanto Point ComboEdge Blade, a liner lock that I like a lot, I believe Bryan has 1 for sale at a good price. The bottom one is a Automat Kalashnikov 74. OH, the openining is assisted by that little spring below it. :lol: :lol: These are the first tacticals I got and I won both as a prize in the knife club meeting I got to each month. :mrgreen: However, if I win again, I will have to buy the door prizes. ::paranoid:: I was surprised to find that I liked them as much as I do, I need to remove the belt clips on the backside, I don't find them useful, more annoying than anything else. I also need to add that spring. :D
Are the Camillus made in the USA???
gardd-
That post was made in 2006, Camillus closed up about February of 2007. At the time that was posted, Camillus had those knives made in Taiwan. Since Camillus closed someone is having the same pattern made in Spain, iirc. I have heard they are nearly the same.

Great old thread, thanks for resurrecting it! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Might as well jump in as it was AO's that first got me sliding down the steel slope! :)
Attachments
Kershaw speedsafe assisted open knife.JPG
crktbadger.jpg
crktbadger.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
SCOTT

HiPower

Post by HiPower »

i really feel bad about you guys that have all those joint problems, has to be some pain involved. i received a plastic knee about 4 yrs. back & it was great --no pain & i can work all day w/o trouble.certainly i believe any individual with these impairments should be specially allowed to carry any knife --special tool to make their life easier. the new benchmade barrage was my last toy but it was too heavy for work..i have no problems with these knives but i can open mine with a flick of the thumb nail--my b.m.710 in m390 & the. spydie endura in zdp are my work carries but on the water i carry my millie in s3o. i'm lucky to have good dexterity in my joints since i still roll at 72.---HiPower
HiPower
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Here is a SOG Twitch II;I used during hunting season,I may have to put in EDC rotation ::nod:: that AUS Steel I had to resharpen after one deer but it was easy to bring back I do like the steel in the Kershaw Scallion better.
Attachments
100_0439.jpg
Hoosier

Post by Hoosier »

my 2 AO, gerber mini fast draw and its big brother. i really like the simplicity of the unlocking slide on the side and they hold a decent edge. they get carried from time to time.
Attachments
Picture 2152.jpg
Picture 2152.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
shtango

Post by shtango »

I have a couple of AOs but gimme autos any day of the week.....and my .45, just sayin' ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A few more have joined the pile since I last posted. More Kershaw Leeks, a couple of Buck SIRUS AO's, Kershaw Needs Work, Kershaw Zing (flick), Kershaw Skyline (flick) and a Kershaw Pack Rat. The little Kershaw Silver Spur II (thanks Scott) would be a stud opener if there were room for a stud. Ignore the Bucks in the clam pack. They're just there because they're orange.
Attachments
Non-Tradional.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

Here's just a few that I have pictures of. Love them AO Kershaws. I EDC one along with a slippie ::tu::
Attachments
Scallions
Scallions
Leek DLC
Leek DLC
Baby Boa
Baby Boa
I dig half stops!!

"GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO, SO THAT YOU GET TO DO, WHATCHA WANNA DO"
My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Oh my, Cutty. There's something about those Baby Boa's... ::groove::

Top pic, bottom knife. Did you remove some partial serrations? What happened to the blade on that one?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

Jerry
It once looked just like the one next to it sans the DLC coating on the handle that it didn't come with when i got it in '07.
That one was put out on loan to a guy who used to do work for me (construction) a few years ago and that's the way it was returned. He was a sub. (grading/silt fence etc.) and a few weeks passed before I got it back, after repeatedly reminding him. When I asked him "what the bleeeeeeep did you do to it????" Well the short answer is, a GRINDER was used to sharpen it after he abused and damaged it. Needless to say I never loaned him so much as a cup of coffee after that. I was able to get a decent edge back on it but it sure is ugly now. :x So now it rides in the tackle box or glove box most of the time. To tell you the truth I would trade a bunch of them to have construction come back like it was here back then, pre busted bubble ::dang::
I dig half stops!!

My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I don't understand what goes through the mind of people that will treat the property of others in that manner. Is their brain housing group just a vacant space? Do they just not care. Are they ignorant enough to think they are doing a good job? "Unh. Dull. Thor sharpen." The answer is beyond my feeble mind.

It just lends credence to the old adage: "Neither lender nor borrower be."

My buddy, the guitar player, lent an amp to his son who is also a guitar player. The son lent the amp to an acquaintance that was in a band and in need. When John's son got the amp back, it had been painted some God awful color along with child like figures all over it AND it had been dropped so hard the transformer mounts had sheared. I want to hunt them down and beat them severely about the kneecaps with a baseball bat but John says no. ::facepalm::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

:) Get 'em Jerry.

I will say that "el dipspit" did offer to replace it but back then I was so busy and doing so well (comparitively speaking) that I just let it be. Nowadays I would react a bit differently ::disgust:: Everything is relative to what's sittin' in the bank, I guess.
I dig half stops!!

My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

We make our decisions with the information we have at hand and based on the current situation. If things change, oh well. What you did was right for you at that moment in time.

If we use that incident to make a decision in a current situation, we call it experience.

Brought to you by AAPK's Ole Philosopher. Tune in Sunday mornings at 9:00 am for breakfast during my weekly food for thought hour. How could anyone keep this crap up for an hour?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
wkholden2222

Post by wkholden2222 »

Picked up this beauty today!
Attachments
IMG_20121005_121003.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Oh, I gotta jump in on this thread.......

The assisted opens are what put me over the knife edge....
Attachments
kershaw needs work.jpg
Kershaw CLASH 1605 Assisted Open Knife 002.JPG
Kershaw Leek  (3).JPG
Kershaw speedsafe assisted open knife.JPG
SCOTT

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”