SHARE YOUR BENCHMADES

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SHARE YOUR BENCHMADES

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks, Mark! ::handshake::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

You're very welcome Rick! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Back at the beginning of this year/end of last year, I was eyeing modifying a mini-Bugout 533 by adding some custom Titanium scales. Well, recently KnifeCenter had the full size Bugout 535 on sale and also had some sweet custom anodized Titanium scales, so I pulled the trigger.

I love the custom look of this knife and the weight and size are perfect, glad I went with the full sized 535. I'm not putting the clip back on, may attach a lanyard if I can find the right color.

A fun, easy project and I'm tickled with the end result. Perfect centering too.
Attachments
IMG_20211204_145735939.jpg
IMG_20211204_150010053.jpg
IMG_20211204_173305444.jpg
IMG_20211204_154756585.jpg
IMG_20211204_154737965.jpg
IMG_20211204_182149310.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:02 pm Back at the beginning of this year/end of last year, I was eyeing modifying a mini-Bugout 533 by adding some custom Titanium scales. Well, recently KnifeCenter had the full size Bugout 535 on sale and also had some sweet custom anodized Titanium scales, so I pulled the trigger.

I love the custom look of this knife and the weight and size are perfect, glad I went with the full sized 535. I'm not putting the clip back on, may attach a lanyard if I can find the right color.

Much improved ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, David. ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:02 pm Back at the beginning of this year/end of last year, I was eyeing modifying a mini-Bugout 533 by adding some custom Titanium scales. Well, recently KnifeCenter had the full size Bugout 535 on sale and also had some sweet custom anodized Titanium scales, so I pulled the trigger.

Jus' beautiful John! ::tu:: The original covers gave it a kindda cheesy appearance, but with the anodized Titanium covers it looks much more quality and solid. I love those little projects that come together so well, like yours! Congrats on a great knife! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:26 am

Jus' beautiful John! ::tu:: The original covers gave it a kindda cheesy appearance, but with the anodized Titanium covers it looks much more quality and solid. I love those little projects that come together so well, like yours! Congrats on a great knife! ::handshake:: 8)

Thanks, Mark. ::handshake:: The Titanium definitely adds rigidity to the knife and looks 💯 times better than the plastic looking scales that were original.

charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Man that's a nice looking knife. Good job! Yes if you can ditch the clip, why not?
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

charlesf20 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 am

Man that's a nice looking knife. Good job! Yes if you can ditch the clip, why not?

I agree, thanks, Charles. ::handshake::

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

That is a great looking modification! ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Jtx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:33 pm

That is a great looking modification! ::tu::

Thank you! It was pretty easy as long as you have the right driver bits, 6T and 10T I think. About $50 cheaper than the factory installed milled metal Bugouts being offered, that I have found. S30V blade is nice and sharp.

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Santa brought me a 4300 so I took a group pic :D
Attachments
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1537.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kool group gd!!! ::tu:: 8) ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx John ::handshake:: these are becoming a habit.I find now that I'm not working as much with the tools that I rather a clip in pocket over sheathed knives ::hmm:: ::shrug::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome group, gard! ::groove:: 🎅

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Benchmade Proper slipjoint... I put some aftermarket brass scales on it.
Attachments
IMG_3890.jpeg
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I probably posted this somewhere on AAPK a long time ago but I have not posted it recently. Actually, I just found it tucked away with some other knives recently. This was made early on within the first year to that Benchmade begin operation. Then they were in Clackamas Oregon, this was several years before the move to the new factory and Oregon City.
Benchmade ATS-34 a.jpg
Benchmade ATS-34 b.jpg
I just took some pictures of my bench made EDC's and I put it in a folder somewhere… ::facepalm::
One of these days I will find them. ::uc::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats an oldie but goodie Orvet,what year is it?
I have an old Stryker from 1998 with ATS34 blade.
Line Dawg

Post by Line Dawg »

I just picked up a 522 Presidio Ultra for a hard work EDC. It was new in the box. Can anyone tell me when the 522 was discontinued?
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

garddogg56 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:31 pm Thats an oldie but goodie Orvet,what year is it?
I have an old Stryker from 1998 with ATS34 blade.
I don't recall exactly when I got that, but it was probably within the first six months of Benchmade began production. Probably 1988 although it seems that it was a little earlier than that, just based on my recollection.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Line Dawg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 am I just picked up a 522 Presidio Ultra for a hard work EDC. It was new in the box. Can anyone tell me when the 522 was discontinued?
Hey Dawg! ::tu:: I can't help you with your question, but I'd like to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: Check back to this thread regularly because someone more knowledgeable will be along eventually who will have posted an answer for you! 8) PS-I noticed you joined AAPK EXACTLY 74 months ago, whatcha bin doin' all this time??? ::shrug:: LOL!
8)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

::welcome:: Line Dawg!
I can't answer your question either, but off the top of my head I think it was none last couple years - semi - educated guess.

My newest thing from Benchmade are these two pocket clips for deep carry.
At $10 each, they were a lot less expensive than ordering aftermarket deep pocket clips for a Kershaw.
Available on Benchmade's website for $10 each less discount if you're a veteran.
Attachments
Benchmades with deep carry clips.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Jtx wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:47 pm Benchmade Proper slipjoint... I put some aftermarket brass scales on it.

Looks excellent, Jtx. ::tu::
orvet wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:09 pm I probably posted this somewhere on AAPK a long time ago but I have not posted it recently. Actually, I just found it tucked away with some other knives recently. This was made early on within the first year to that Benchmade begin operation. Then they were in Clackamas Oregon, this was several years before the move to the new factory and Oregon City.
Benchmade ATS-34 a.jpg
Benchmade ATS-34 b.jpg
I just took some pictures of my bench made EDC's and I put it in a folder somewhere… ::facepalm::
One of these days I will find them. ::uc::

Very cool, Dale, and I like the deep carry clips. 😎👍👍

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Line Dawg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 am I just picked up a 522 Presidio Ultra for a hard work EDC. It was new in the box. Can anyone tell me when the 522 was discontinued?

Looks like the Presidio's were dropped from the 2017 lineup-

https://knifenews.com/benchmade-discont ... 2017-list/

And ::welcome:: to AAPK

John

Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Benchmade 945.
Attachments
IMG_3940.jpeg

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”