Looking for Schrade Fire & Ice Autos

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Looking for Schrade Fire & Ice Autos

Post by Buckibbq »

I’m looking for more of these GEC made Schrade Fire & Ice autos to add to my collection. The stag version is at the top of my wish list. I would certainly be interested in other handle variations and there are several. I have many Northwoods, GECs and older Case knives towards trade or would like to purchase as well.
CC5414F9-B596-4F35-8B5C-A6E8803B1CCE.jpeg
Attachments
55A752FD-D7DC-42BA-884E-9E73A82B0C8F.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
lt632ret

Re: Looking for Schrade Fire & Ice Autos

Post by lt632ret »

These pics are of most of the Fire and ice that were handled in various natural material. When Stuart Taylor was considering making a USA made automatic I happen to be talking to him on the phone and he honered me by asking my opinion. He had just received 5 prototypes with slight variations. He generously offered to send me one of the originals. I did an article on them . That knife is in this group. I mentioned this to Bobby Chopra who bought the run of knives to retail. Each time a new natural handle material came out I had one reserved. There was a a model in acrylic which I passed on. It should be noted that the first run of these was marked prototype and there is also one of these in this group. However the original proto has several minor differences . These pics are terrible since they are done on a 20 year old Mavica. If I ever did decide to sell I would only sell the entire collection. LT
Attachments
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-012S.JPG
MVC-013S.JPG
MVC-014S.JPG
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

lt632ret wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 pm These pics are of most of the Fire and ice that were handled in various natural material. When Stuart Taylor was considering making a USA made automatic I happen to be talking to him on the phone and he honered me by asking my opinion. He had just received 5 prototypes with slight variations. He generously offered to send me one of the originals. I did an article on them . That knife is in this group. I mentioned this to Bobby Chopra who bought the run of knives to retail. Each time a new natural handle material came out I had one reserved. There was a a model in acrylic which I passed on. It should be noted that the first run of these was marked prototype and there is also one of these in this group. However the original proto has several minor differences . These pics are terrible since they are done on a 20 year old Mavica. If I ever did decide to sell I would only sell the entire collection. LT
Thanks for sharing that info on these special knives, LT! Those are fantastic. The acrylic would be at the bottom of my list as well. I’ve seen a picture of an ebony not long ago that someone had. It’s a very classy knife, as they all are. If you ever decide to part with the collection, please keep me in mind. I’ll start throwing extra change in my jar now…. :wink:
Bryon
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Buckibbq wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:22 am I’m looking for more of these GEC made Schrade Fire & Ice autos to add to my collection. The stag version is at the top of my wish list. I would certainly be interested in other handle variations and there are several. I have many Northwoods, GECs and older Case knives towards trade or would like to purchase as well.
CC5414F9-B596-4F35-8B5C-A6E8803B1CCE.jpeg

Interesting, I've never seen one.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

A first for me too, those are really sweet. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Here’s a video of the action on one of these autos.
[youtube] https://youtu.be/eKEppPPZnPg[/youtube]

Return to “Want Ads”