Looking for Post Office Dept marked pocket knife

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
AzRednek

Looking for Post Office Dept marked pocket knife

Post by AzRednek »

I’m looking for pocket knives issued to mailmen pre 1970’s specifically marked or stamped USPOD. US Post Office Department pocket knives issued prior to the name change to USPS (US Postal Service). I’m told the USPOD stamped knives were issued sporadically after WW2 along with Army surplus pocket knives simply stamped US. During the 60’s pocket knives were no longer issued after some bureaucrat in Wash DC decided to replace them with cheap, good for nothing ring knives with a round, dull point. Guess they were afraid a disgruntled postal worker might go on a stabbing spree!!
rea1eye

Re: Looking for Post Office Dept marked pocket knife

Post by rea1eye »

Never knew there was a knife like this.

Bob
bladehound

Post by bladehound »

Could the rounded blade be to keep someone from going postal ?
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Huh! I never heard of it. I started with them in 1971 and worked for 31 years. That was before my time. I have had a chuckle seeing those ring knives advertised on Ebay for several dollars; they came in boxes of (a dozen? a gross?) for a buck or two and had an assortment of sizes within. I bought a BUCK 102 in the 1970s and carried it on my belt and used it often at the old P.O. Also a pocket knife, of course, a BOKER jumbo congress, which I wore out. I still use the BUCK.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Pictures?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
JACK OF ALL TIRADES

Post by JACK OF ALL TIRADES »

20200319_090501.jpg
So here is my, bosses fathers, old knife. He was a Postman for a long time. Its a Colonial SAK. I Cant believe he would give it away. Its not what you requested but anyways. I have cleaned it up a couple yrs ago but this was the way it came to me. Fed crime?

Return to “Want Ads”