Need Blades for Keen Kutter old knife

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Need Blades for Keen Kutter old knife

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Looking for a donor knife for repair. Want to keep the tang stamp the same, it’s the E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter St. Louis MO tang stamp.
Need a pen blade and the spear blade.
Ed thinks that the blade from an Easy Open Jack would also work.
Thank you,
SSk
Attachments
IMG_4148.jpeg
IMG_4149.jpeg
IMG_4014.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bonezcustoms

Re: Need Blades for Keen Kutter old knife

Post by bonezcustoms »

Hi! I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd put this out here! I have a pretty big collection of keen kutter, shapeleighs and ec Simmons knives... I am originally from St. Louis and have family ties to these names. I have these 2 easy open Jack's I thought may be of some use. The blades are far from mint, but have lots of life left and still take and hold a killer edge. The knife with both blades shown is an EC Simmons Keen Kutter tang stamp. The knife with only 1 blade shown is in better shape, but is marked Shapelieghs. These 2 knives are very similiar, almost identitcal and the blades are definitely identical.If you are interested or need more pics/info, just let me know! I try to check my shop and my posts here atleast once a day. I hope I can help you, or I wish you luck in your search! Beautiful old knife by the way... I'd like to have it in my collection lol!
Jim Brown
Bonez Customs and Collectables
Keen Kutter on top, Shapeleighs below.
Keen Kutter on top, Shapeleighs below.
Reverse of the keen kutter blades
Reverse of the keen kutter blades
EC Simmons Keen Kutter tang stamp still visible
EC Simmons Keen Kutter tang stamp still visible
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

bonezcustoms wrote:Hi! I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I thought I'd put this out here! I have a pretty big collection of keen kutter, shapeleighs and ec Simmons knives... I am originally from St. Louis and have family ties to these names. I have these 2 easy open Jack's I thought may be of some use. The blades are far from mint, but have lots of life left and still take and hold a killer edge. The knife with both blades shown is an EC Simmons Keen Kutter tang stamp. The knife with only 1 blade shown is in better shape, but is marked Shapelieghs. These 2 knives are very similiar, almost identitcal and the blades are definitely identical.If you are interested or need more pics/info, just let me know! I try to check my shop and my posts here atleast once a day. I hope I can help you, or I wish you luck in your search! Beautiful old knife by the way... I'd like to have it in my collection lol!
Jim Brown
Bonez Customs and Collectables
20181105_085010.jpg20181105_085122.jpg20181105_085055.jpg
Jim, I am sorry I have not checked this for some time. I appreciate the offer. I will send you a PM, so check your private messages.
Thank you,
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you all for the help. No longer need blades.
Mark

Return to “Want Ads”