Wtb J.A.Henckel Spare Blades

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
KleenCut61

Wtb J.A.Henckel Spare Blades

Post by KleenCut61 »

Looking for some NOS J.A.Henckel Model# 471 1/2 Large 4" Whittler Blades , Marked Solingen 2 pen Blades ( Nail Pull ),If your familiar with the knife you will now what i am describing , 2 little clips Blades ( Nail Pull ) , If You Have them but Aren't Willing to Part with them Perhaps A Repair Job Either Way I am Willing to Deal ____ KC( All Inquires will be Answered .) HAGD
Attachments
IMG_0003.JPG
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wtb J.A.Henckel Spare Blades

Post by orvet »

I have some Henckels master blades for a whittler, not sure which model, but 4" is about right , IIRC.
I am away now visiting my parents, I should be home Thursday. Remind me then and I will see which model they go to.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
ObsidianEdge

Post by ObsidianEdge »

The person that bought Rhett Stidham's estate has what was left of the inventory from the last US Henckels repairman. (I had the chance to buy all of the remaining inventory from the repairman years ago but passed. ::dang:: ) He is selling some of the blades on eBay.
Mike Robuck

Author: "Gun Trader's Guide to Collectible Knives"
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

orvet wrote:I have some Henckels master blades for a whittler, not sure which model, but 4" is about right , IIRC.
I am away now visiting my parents, I should be home Thursday. Remind me then and I will see which model they go to.
They Would Be of major Interest , I may be getting a No - Blade Parts Knife Soon , Knife has a Single Unused pen Though
Should Be ablel to get the Correct Dimentions off it , As difficult as it is to Matching Proper Blades to a Unknown Knife , I will Remind You Dale on Thursday and I Most appreciate your Response :D :D ::tu:: __KC. Master Blade is ( Double Swag Spear) HAGD
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

ObsidianEdge wrote:The person that bought Rhett Stidham's estate has what was left of the inventory from the last US Henckels repairman. (I had the chance to buy all of the remaining inventory from the repairman years ago but passed. ::dang:: ) He is selling some of the blades on eBay.
Thanks For the Tip OE .. Sounds like some further investigation is warranted :D :D ::tu:: KC Hagd Do You have a link OE ?
ObsidianEdge

Post by ObsidianEdge »

Search "Rhett Stidham estate" on eBay and his auctions will come up. I thought I had his direct email address but I can't seem to find it. The potential problem may be that he doesn't really know what Henckels parts he has, or at least he didn't the last time I asked. He has too much of Rhett's stuff.
Mike Robuck

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

He has too much of Rhett's stuff.[/quote]
EugeneHundley LLC .. Thanks Mike ( I Just needed a Brain Bypass ) :roll: His Price's Is Priceless :lol: , I cant Afford To spend Like that on Blanks . The discount Pens I Have acquired from a friend at work , Same Markings Germany , ( NOS ) Original pens are Marked J.A. Henckel over Solingen , Only The Masterblades Stamped with Germany , I Cant Blow it on Blanks out of Era for my Project , I May Just PM Kooteney Joe . For an Explanation about the Stamps and age , __ Thanks again Mike Most appreciated :D :D ::tu:: KC Unless You can Can help With Donor Knives from the Same Age Period I Should be Looking For Mike? ( Similar Blades ), I Just had to get the Ball Rolling on these ," Time is on My Side " ::hmm::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

ObsidianEdge wrote:The person that bought Rhett Stidham's estate has what was left of the inventory from the last US Henckels repairman. (I had the chance to buy all of the remaining inventory from the repairman years ago but passed. ::dang:: ) He is selling some of the blades on eBay.

Do you know the name of the Henckles' repairman?
When I ran the cutlery store in the 1980s and early 1990s our Henckels salesman was John Alison. He lived up in WA and repaired Henckels pocket knives. The factory had given him all the parts he could handle and would have given him all the parts but he didn't have room to store them all.

I have a little Henckels stag left that came from John by way of a third party. Henckels gave him every part needed to fix their knives, including stag, mother of pearl, even tortoise shell. He had a beautiful little tortoise-shell jack that he carried which he had made from the parts they gave him.
I was wondering if John was the repairman you were speaking of?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
ObsidianEdge

Post by ObsidianEdge »

Kleencut, he has been the subject of much discussion here on the forums. I have bought a few items from him, including a damascus Henckels. I've found that his willing to go down on some of things after initially asking too much.

I do collect Henckels. Roland certainly is very knowledgable about them.

Dale, yes, it was John that offered to sell me his remaining inventory. I spoke to him on the phone a few times and he was really nice. He offered to send me knife parts to assemble and then send back to him so he could offer his critique. At the time I wasn't sure I wanted to attempt assembling knives. Then I heard Rhett bought John's stuff and I tried to buy it all from him and he wouldn't budge.

I saw what I'm pretty sure was one of John's Henckels work aprons for sale on eBay by Eugene Hundley. I've also seen some of the blades there as well.
4Hidgs4.jpg
Mike Robuck

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I Come to this forum to Test the waters on my project , And am received most Kind heartedly By All , So I pop in ever so often with a hair Brain .. :lol: Idea of acquiring a Supurb example of Vintage German Cultlery , Namely Henckels As Mike's Example can attest to ..I need a chill out after Work and one way I do this is thru research and repair , And then Evaluate the Possibillities . so My First order on the agenda is to Hit up dale for some Facts and Figures . And possibly move on to eugene , whom I completely under stand , and may get along with just fine .. Thanks Fellas ::tu:: KC
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

KC,
PM inbound
Dale
AAPK Administrator

knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

KleenCut61 wrote:Looking for some NOS J.A.Henckel Model# 471 1/2 Large 4" Whittler Blades , Marked Solingen 2 pen Blades ( Nail Pull ),If your familiar with the knife you will now what i am describing , 2 little clips Blades ( Nail Pull ) , If You Have them but Aren't Willing to Part with them Perhaps A Repair Job Either Way I am Willing to Deal ____ KC( All Inquires will be Answered .) HAGD
There’s one of these on ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Henckels- ... 0005.m1851
KNFCOLLECTOR
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Yes I No . I most likely Will Win it ! Thanks For the Heads up ::tu:: __KC
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

KleenCut61 wrote:Yes I No . I most likely Will Win it ! Thanks For the Heads up ::tu:: __KC
Its Mine __KC Poor Thang , ::nod::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I might have a 4" old Henckels whittler. I'll check when back home tomorrow.
kj
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

KC,
PM inbound
Dale
AAPK Administrator

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Ty ::handshake:: Roland
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are 2 Henckels Serpentine whittlers, 3 7/8" and one 4 1/4". Blades are beat up and not the secondary clip blades in good condition you are looking for. But i'll post the pics anyway.
kj
Attachments
IMGP5082.JPG
IMGP5083.JPG
IMGP5084.JPG
IMGP5085.JPG
IMGP5086.JPG
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

::facepalm:: Hey Roland ! Thanks You For The Example henckels pics . All Of them look to be in good order . The middle pictured does indeed have that pesky secondary I am looking for . Top Knife first pic , and there not even the 371 1/2 . so I should broaden my search criteria in hopes of a couple Donors . :mrgreen: So, If Interested in parting With any Damaged ones let me Know Roland , ::handshake:: _KC

Return to “Want Ads”