Desperately in search of a Case Bengal Stripe

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
annebgibson

Desperately in search of a Case Bengal Stripe

Post by annebgibson »

My son is attending Auburn this fall. I always buy Case knives for graduates in their college school colors as a gift. I have given many Bengal Tiger Stripe to students going to Auburn, but now I cannot find one for my son. Help!!! There was a post on May 8 where someone had found one at a knife show. Does anyone know where I can find that post? Or even better if someone has a the knife that I am looking for that they would be willing to sell? A toothpick and canoes are what I have bought in the past, but I am willing to buy whatever. I have bought 9 for graduates this year and can't find one for my own kid, so I am a desperate mom :wink: By the way, this makes a perfect graduation present. They always remember when and why they have this knife. Thanks in advance. Anne Gibson
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Desperately in search of a Case Bengal Stripe

Post by Paladin »

annebgibson wrote:My son is attending Auburn this fall. I always buy Case knives for graduates in their college school colors as a gift. I have given many Bengal Tiger Stripe to students going to Auburn, but now I cannot find one for my son. Help!!! There was a post on May 8 where someone had found one at a knife show. Does anyone know where I can find that post? Or even better if someone has a the knife that I am looking for that they would be willing to sell? A toothpick and canoes are what I have bought in the past, but I am willing to buy whatever. I have bought 9 for graduates this year and can't find one for my own kid, so I am a desperate mom :wink: By the way, this makes a perfect graduation present. They always remember when and why they have this knife. Thanks in advance. Anne Gibson
Anne Gibson,
I can't help with the knife but I wanted to wish you congrats on son's graduation and best of luck in getting the knife. I hope someone here has one for you. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Hi I could order one from Blue Ridge Knives not sure how long it would take to get it here . It is A Case Clemson Champion Trapper That will be around $125.00 Shipped to me . If you can order from them it would save you shipping 2 ways . Also you my want to try Smokey MT. Knife Works they may have one . Gary
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Anne,
First off...War Eagle!

Secondly, Case did a run of knives after the 2010 championship. There were four or five knife styles in that run.
Perhaps you could keep a regular search on eBay throughout the year for those knives.

I found this knife for sale on another website:

https://www.caseknifeoutlet.com/productcas.cfm

https://www.caseknifeoutlet.com/productsearch.cfm

Best of luck!
TW
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Oops! :oops:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

kennedy knives wrote:Hi I could order one from Blue Ridge Knives not sure how long it would take to get it here . It is A Case Clemson Champion Trapper That will be around $125.00 Shipped to me . If you can order from them it would save you shipping 2 ways . Also you my want to try Smokey MT. Knife Works they may have one . Gary
::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: Sorry for the mistake I should have read it a little closer It's a Auburn Tiger you are looking for not a Clemson Tiger. That May be a little harder . You may try Sargent Cutlery in Florence AL Gina may be able to help .
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Anne,

I'm the fellow who found one at a knife show recently )viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56087&p=632097&hilit=bengal#p632097). Unfortunately, I sold it to another Auburn graduate who was putting it away for his newborn son. I sure wish I had another for you but I'm afraid I don't.

I am totally impressed you were able to find 9! to give away this year as they aren't all that common. However, given that you are a proven "tiger huntress" I bet another one will turn up shortly.

Dennis
annebgibson

Post by annebgibson »

Dennis,

I didn't find 9 tiger stripes. I found a purple and white for Montevallo, a red and black for Martin Methodist, a black, white and gold one for Southern Miss, a blue one for UNA and UAH and a Marine one for one our friends who is joining the Marines after graduation. The perfect gifts! The last tiger stripe I found was two years ago for my nephew going to Auburn. My oldest and my husband went to Alabama, so I never even considered saving an Auburn one for my son ;-)
annebgibson

Post by annebgibson »

Not BLUE for UNA.....Purple. I guess from here on out, my Auburn people will get either a navy or an orange. They are beautiful, but the tiger stripe is perfect. For my son, I would willingly pay a premium ;-)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

annebgibson wrote: a Marine one for one our friends who is joining the Marines after graduation.
Do you have a picture of that one you can show? This is mine.
CASE 2015 Mini-Trapper 6207 - USMC - Mark Open.JPG
Do you suppose your friends would trade their son for my grandson? Contrary to my urging, the little snot has joined the Army. In spite of his poor decision, this is what I have for his HS graduation gift (he ships on June 4th)
Attachments
DSC09037.JPG
0516181401b.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I wasn't familiar with this tiger stripe knife so took a look on the Case Collectors Club site. An old thread there revealed these were a 2007 issue with numerous different patterns made in this handle material. One guy there was trying to get all of the variations.

Here's a canoe pattern picture, posted there by an LSU tiger alum.

Ken
Attachments
image.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
annebgibson

Post by annebgibson »

The one I got for Jordan for the Marines looks just like that. I have already given it to him. My brother is a 25 year Navy vet. Tell your grandson to look into "Green to Gold". A friend of mine told me it was for the new enlistees who had the potential to make the Army a career and a path to Officer Candidate School. My brother left the Navy with 3 BS degrees and one Masters. Now he work for the DIA and draws full pension. Good luck to him!

Return to “Want Ads”