Camillus bone 72

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
clockman

Camillus bone 72

Post by clockman »

Hello all, I am looking to buy camillus 72. Needs to be older brown bone handled. Doesn't have to be really great but would prefer patina and blades in decent shape and not all used up. If you have one you would sell, please pm. me with pics at hatteras25@yahoo.com Thanks, Randy
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Camillus bone 72

Post by gsmith7158 »

Most folks around here are very protective of their bone handled 72's. You might get a bite but I doubt it. They pop up on eBay every so often. Good luck! :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I think i have one that i could part with. I will check later today (0230 hrs now) and take pictures. Might post them here to ask for help with pricing.
There are quite a few #72 collectors here who watch 72 auctions closely so know current prices.
kj
Edit: just took a close look at my 72's. Some of the older ones with Camillus underlined and half saber ground master blade that i had thought to be bone are actually jigged man made handles. I do have one with bone that i can part with.
Also have a N.I.B. "Ole Smoky" which was an SFO for SMKW with jigged bone handles dyed black. This one being new never used, is worth about $100, so perhaps you would rather see my lightly used bone 72 ?
clockman

Post by clockman »

yes, I would be interested in seeing the bone handled one. Thanks, Randy
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I could part with either or both of these. The "Ole Smoky" has dark handles but they are jigged bone according to the 72 experts, of which there are a few here in AAPK.
I have been advised that any unused bone 72 is worth a minimum of $100. Pricing a used one fairly is not as easy. If one of the '72'ers' wants to suggest a fair price, it would be helpful.
kj
Attachments
IMGP3707.JPG
IMGP3708.JPG
IMGP3709.JPG
IMGP3710.JPG
clockman

Post by clockman »

Hello, Sir What do you want for the brown bone 72? Thanks, Randy
kootenay joe