WANTED: GREEN Wood or Bone Handled Knives

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Woody's Workshop

WANTED: GREEN Wood or Bone Handled Knives

Post by Woody's Workshop »

Greetings, new here.
I'm n Ol' guy, disabled, can no longer hunt or chase rockets. But I like my knives. Fighting with Social Security to get SSDI that I worked all my life for. (Another story all together)
Doesn't matter what brand knife they are, new, used, anything goes...as long as it has green wood or bone handles.
Not looking for: completely useless junk or broken/warn out blades or broken handles.
I'm poor, so expensive one's are out of the question for me. Sorry...I seen a couple pairs of eyes open wide for a second there...

Ah yes, my screen name you ask. I use to play and online game called Ultima Online back when Lord Blackthorn and the 2nd age came to be.
I gained much, mostly through selling goods from my shop that my Grand Master of everything I did in the real world made. Woody was his name, and of coarse, his shop was called Woody's Workshop. Carpenter, Blacksmith, Tinker, Sewer (Made leather armor) and a host things.
Sold off my rights to my accounts ($3000+, got out when Ever Clear came out) and turned a storage building into my real Wood Shop I have wanted since I was a teen. 24'x24' seamed big enough when it was empty, not so much when it filled up with machines and such...

No, I am not a gamer. I had one very specific reason for playing that specific game, and it had more to do with keeping a female companion, than playing the game. Didn't work, but I did end up finding my true love of my life (from Saipan, no, I spelled it right...look it up) and will be married 18 years this July with a 15 year old boy that is brighter than the Sun. And all that after I had given up on women, who would have guessed.
I was an Auto Body Tech for 20 years, chemicals became too much for me so I went into construction for another 20 years. As all of you well know, after 9-11 America went to crap and in 2008 I was laid off. Couldn't find work, too many younger people to take the jobs...cheap. Lost my home and shop. Live in an apartment and my wife who takes care of me, our son, and my (soon to be) 92 year old mother.

Up until I needed a cane to walk (Several bad car accidents and old injuries coming back at old age) I was build model rockets and flying them...Since 1970.
Now I am pretty much limited to bench work...my leather crafting where I make all kinds of stuff. I make a lot of knife sheaths, like I needed to say that...
I also like to sharpen knives...Razor Sharp! Being a wood worker, I know how to make steel SHARP! (I sharpen for $.50 to $1 an inch, depending upon how bad the edge is to start with, and the type of steel, if anyone here has trouble sharpening) I shave with a straight razor. If you've never had a close shave with a straight razor, I suggest you get one once from a local barber shop that does it!
I also do custom filing the spines of fixed blades, file out the hollow grind, flatten the shanks, etc. I'm working on one know...I may post a pic of it when I'm done.

Enough of the rambling on, back to business.
I probably won't be popping in very much, just to see what's up for grabs. Although, I would like to learn how to re-handle pocket knives if anyone has suggestions there. As a second reason for that is while I have the knife apart, I can customize the springs and spines of the blades.
If you have something you think I might be interested in, or help with this pocket knife thing, you'd best try contacting me through Email at
adams.johne@outlook.com
BTW, if by chance there is any rocket geeks out there, I have quite a collection of vintage rocket kits for sale, or willing to trade for knives.
Be well my new friends, and All The Best
Wood Nut Woody
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WANTED: GREEN Wood or Bone Handled Knives

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK, lots of great information here. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Welcome to the site, Woody. Very interesting story. I'm sure some green wood and bone will come your way.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Welcome to AAPK. Hope you stick around. ::welcome::
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Return to “Want Ads”