GEC #35 Churchill - Pitch Black Ebony

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

GEC #35 Churchill - Pitch Black Ebony

Post by Railsplitter »

Looking for a GEC #35 Churchill with Ebony covers. Must be new in tube with reasonably good snap and must be pitch black on both sides. Barely visible brown streaks are ok but prefer none at all.

If you know of a dealer that provides pictures of the actual knife being purchased, I would be interested to know who that dealer is as well.

Thanks.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
XX Case XX

Re: GEC #35 Churchill - Pitch Black Ebony

Post by XX Case XX »

Right here Brother. Actual knife for sale. If this doesn't work, I know 2 more places. One has 16, the other has 4. I'm sure they can accommodate your request if you ask them.https://franksclassicknives.com/collect ... -2145-2147

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Rick, here's another place with actual knife for sale. They currently have 4, and I'm not counting the other 2 places I mentioned above. http://www.bluecreekcutlery.com/greacutigaeb3.html

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks Mike! Just to make sure I understand, your second post states they currently have 4 but I only see 1 picture. My objective here is to see a picture of the exact knife that I'm buying.

If the dealer you mentioned having 16 is KSF, same deal. 16 knives but only one picture.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again. I certainly appreciate your help.
Rick T.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Rick the owner of Bluecreek Cutlery is a friend of mine. I'm sure if you email him and tell him what you're looking for he'll gladly check his stock and see if he has one that meets your requirements.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Railsplitter wrote:Thanks Mike! Just to make sure I understand, your second post states they currently have 4 but I only see 1 picture. My objective here is to see a picture of the exact knife that I'm buying.

If the dealer you mentioned having 16 is KSF, same deal. 16 knives but only one picture.

Try this:
http://www.bluecreekcutlery.com/35churchill.html
Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Superb! Thanks a million guys! That oughta do it!

I got confused because Mike's link took me to an individual knife page which was actually just what I wanted. I didn't realize there was a different page with the other three Ebony's listed separately.

I'm off to Blue Creek Cutlery right now. Can't thank you all enough. Much appreciated!
Rick T.

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Railsplitter wrote:Thanks Mike! Just to make sure I understand, your second post states they currently have 4 but I only see 1 picture. My objective here is to see a picture of the exact knife that I'm buying.

Hey Rick:

What I meant by "I'm sure they can accommodate your request" was if you specify what characteristics you're looking for in an individual knife, I'm sure they will be willing to send you photographs of the exact knife before you buy.

And yes, KSF was one of them. I know they have one photo but stock 16. They have sent me photos of the exact knife in the past, once I told them what I was looking for.

For good measure, I found 3 more places that currently have the knife you're looking for so if the first 2 places don't work out, the others might.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

XX Case XX wrote:

Hey Rick:

What I meant by "I'm sure they can accommodate your request" was if you specify what characteristics you're looking for in an individual knife, I'm sure they will be willing to send you photographs of the exact knife before you buy.

And yes, KSF was one of them. I know they have one photo but stock 16. They have sent me photos of the exact knife in the past, once I told them what I was looking for.

For good measure, I found 3 more places that currently have the knife you're looking for so if the first 2 places don't work out, the others might.

I appreciate it, Mike. I got confused and thought Blue Creek Cutlery only provided one picture. Then I saw the other three knives in the link Grant provided and I understood then that you provided exactly what I asked for. I just didn't realize it at the time.

I have also asked KSF to provide photos of individual knives and they did so with no hesitation. I just didn't want to bother a dealer with the hassle if there was a dealer out there with individual pics.

Order placed and I'm a happy camper!

Thanks again everybody!
Rick T.

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

The only thing that matters is that you're happy Rick. Hope that knife meets your expectations!! ::nod::

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thought I would use this thread to post my acquisition since so many people here helped me get what I wanted.

This is what you gracious folks helped me get my hands on and I could not be happier. The brown streak under the shield is not visible in person. Must be an odd reflection or a hologram from the lens. I see that there is one in about the same spot in the second pic which is also not present in person.

I'm extremely pleased with the 99% black color of the wood on both sides. Really nice.

If you read through this thread it's rather obvious that I got so excited to find a dealer with individual pics that I completely blew off the fact that I wanted a knife with good snap. All this despite the fact that several members tried to point me in the right direction.

Well, not only did I get lucky (again) but this Churchill has the best snap on both blades than any of my other three Churchills. Fortunately, when opening and closing the blades on this knife the concept of weak snap doesn't even enter my mind. I would give the Clip blade a solid 6 and the Sheepsfoot is very snappy at a solid 8. This is what I'm used to seeing from GEC in the not so distant past.

My AAPK Churchill remains in my pocket for now but I had some thinking to do about that before making a final decision. The great snap on this Ebony version makes me want to swap it out for pocket time but I've decided that the beauty of those Rust Red slabs is more important to me than better snap. The AAPK knife just makes me feel good and after all, that's pretty much what it's all about.

Thanks again to everybody that helped me out with this. I couldn't be happier with the results. Now for a couple of pics.
Attachments
IMG_3702.JPG
IMG_3703.JPG
Rick T.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

For me, there's a simple elegance to an ebony handled knife. That one is a fine example of such. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

philco wrote:For me, there's a simple elegance to an ebony handled knife. That one is a fine example of such. ::tu::
Thanks Phil.
Rick T.

Return to “Want Ads”