Wanted Information

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
leggo

Wanted Information

Post by leggo »

Does anyone know of a reputable buyer of knife collections ? I have tried 4 of the places that are advertising they buy collections. No luck though , it seems that their buying limits are set at 25% of the retail value tops. It's even worse than the typical car dealership's trade in values. I've got receipts for $13,500 and their best offer is "maybe" $3000. ::shrug::
PM if you know of a knife dealer that might be interested. Thanks.
just bob

Re: Wanted Information

Post by just bob »

You might find a consignment shop in your area that will list them on ebay for a percentage. I doubt they will bring anywhere near what you gave for them. You might go to ebay and study the completed auctions and try to get a realistic expectation of what your knives will bring through there. If you list them yourself it's about 20% less. A consignment shop is probably 40% - 50% of auction price. Not a money maker either way. Also you might find an auctioneer in your area and consign them into an estate auction. Here they charge about 25% for that service and many times they bring more in an estate sale than they would on ebay - sometimes not though - it's a gamble. Pick a reputable auctioneer.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
leggo

Re: Wanted Information

Post by leggo »

Just Bob

Thank you , you just gave me a good idea ! One time I payed a eBay seller $500 commission for selling an old 1970 pickup truck for me. I might also try a gun show next time theres a local one. A lot of gun people have money. ::tu::

Return to “Want Ads”