old Vintage Cotton Samplers

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
ratlesnake75

old Vintage Cotton Samplers

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, I collect Cotton Samplers. I only have 2 but would like more. Please keep an eye open for me while you are at the shows. I dont care if they are parts knives,,I just like them and Not picky right now,,I can always upgrade later as I get more of them
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
004.jpg
003.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: old Vintage Cotton Samplers

Post by Miller Bro's »

Two beauties there Mark! I don't think you will need to upgrade on those two :wink:

Who made the one above the Remington?
AAPK Janitor
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thanks Dimitri, Its a E.C Simmons Keen Kutter in the Keystone Logo. I was searching the completed on ebay awhile ago and I missed a nice looking Sampler that was Stamped "E.C SIMMONS" in Block letters on the tang,,,I was taking a break from knives so I missed out on buying it, LOL
I also seen a Mint w/ Etch Remington sampler,,,Way out of my price range,,lol
Kind Regards,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Here is a tang picture of the KK
Thx Mark
Attachments
101.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thanks for the info and additional picture ::tu::

There are a lot of counterfeit ones out there so finding authentic originals is hard, these are very scarce to find today in good condition ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

I couldnt agree with you More. Nearly all of them I come across are Fakes,,,Especially the W.R Case Sampler,,Havent seen a Legitimate one for sale YET, LOL
Kind Regards,
Mark
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, Still looking for Antique Cotton Samplers. Here is my latest find and I would want to upgrade it. I would like to find one with the "Cotton Knife" Etching still out on the blade.
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
002 (2).jpg
003 (2).jpg
001 (2).jpg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey GUYS, Here is my latest addition. Challenge Cutlery
Pretty poor shape but we can Always upgrade as we find them right.
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
100_2052.JPG
100_2055.JPG
100_2051.JPG
100_2058.JPG
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Adding my Camillus Cotton Sampler to the page
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1511.JPG
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

One of my Rem's from the beloved Mr. Sargent(May he rest in peace)
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
70394254_526543738090192_5126312319843827712_n.jpg
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

Fine knife a Cotton sampler. Remembering back several decades. Late 40's as I think. My Brother drove a tug that hauled the freshly bailed Cotton from the Gin to the storage yard to stay until purchased or otherwise sold to someone down the textile lineage. As he moved the bail he approached it with a fixed blade knife with a blade about 5 inches the blade was much heavier and stronger than the folding knives you are speaking of. He took deep samples and bagged and tagged them to be sent to a grader. The profile of the blades with the noted exceptions were much the same. The knife looked quite like a heavy handled CASE XX WWII Pilots bail out knife. I am visiting with him this Oct/Nov. I will check and would bet that he still has 1 or more in his possession. If anyone shows any interest. By the way as sort of a history lesson after leaving the Gin it was sent to a compress where the bales were squeezed into a much smaller bale of the same weight. It was then transported by train to the next downstream destination.
moss
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thanks Moss for adding that bit of information,,,Very interesting.
I also note that the Cattaraugus Cotton knife wasnt really the "Norm" for the proper blade profile of a true "Cotton Sampler" knife, Nor is this Camillus 1002. I just found out & seen in a Camillus c1946 Catalog that the #2 Camillus knife with this particular blade profile, They called it a Maize knife. I will leave it here anyways but think its very cool.
Kindest Regards & Blessings,
Mark
Attachments
69503594_2349201158679342_6024428576013549568_n.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

You are amassing a very cool collection Rattlesnake. And the history to go with them. Keep them coming. ::nod:: ::nod::
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Doglegg, I wish I could keep them ALL, but unfortunately I cannot. I have had to sell my beloved collections over the years but it sure is fun to keep the pictures & of course post on AAPK.
Kindest Regards & Blessings,
Mark

Return to “Want Ads”