Looking for "Red Stag" (Germany) Pocket Knives

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
PhntmArcher

Looking for "Red Stag" (Germany) Pocket Knives

Post by PhntmArcher »

I am looking for "Red Stag" pocket knives. I have a few of them that I purchsed in the mid to late 80's. They were made in Germany, and I believe they were distributed from somewhere in Tennessee... maybe.
Any info would be appreciated.
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Welcome,
Most Bulldog Brand knives that are stag handled will fit the bill for you. If they say stag, it's usually the European Red Deer. They are listed on eBay all the time.

Here is one example...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bulldog-Stag-Knife- ... dZViewItem

This seller (The Parker family) owns the Brand.

Bill
PhntmArcher

Red Stag Brand Pocket Knives

Post by PhntmArcher »

Hello, thanks for the reply, however, the particular knives that I am looking for are Red Stag Brand knives, not necessarily "stag" handled knives. I used to get them from a distributor in Tennessee (Goodwin).
Attachments
Red Stag Stag Stockman 2.jpg
Red Stag Stag Stockman 2.jpg (181.7 KiB) Viewed 9732 times
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Ooops... :oops:
Sorry, my misunderstanding. That picture does help.

That mark/brand is not listed in Goins' Encyclopedia of markings. So, at the risk of being 0 for 2 ( :D ), I'll SPECULATE that these were a special factory order done for one of the smaller guys. Sorta like a smaller version of Frank Buster and his Fight'n Roosters. Probably done on contract by one of the German companies like Olbertz, Schlieper, or Robert Klaas (who does use a similar small circular shield on some Kissing Cranes).

With that said...My search of the Internet was not fruitful, so I really didn't help much in locating any "Red Stags" for you. :cry:
Sorry. Is Goodwin still in the business? Maybe at one of the area knife shows?

Good luck,

Bill
cbh65beck

Re: Looking for "Red Stag" (Germany) Pocket Knives

Post by cbh65beck »

Red Stag was made in Solingen Germany and distributed by Goodwin Enterprises of Chattanooga Tennessee. They were made from 1983 to the present. I believe them to be very limited production knives, I live 20 minutes from Chattanooga and have only seen a few of them locally. I bought one thats a Chattanooga Coca Cola Bottling Comemerative 1 of 500 from 1984. I'm not sure what German Cutlery made the Red Stag though.
Bryan
straybulletbmc

Post by straybulletbmc »

Here is my red stag, not for sell tho
Attachments
Bulldog anglo red stag proto
Bulldog anglo red stag proto
PB280116.JPG (117.89 KiB) Viewed 9588 times
straybulletbmc

Post by straybulletbmc »

Never seen any actual "RED STAG" product line other than your pic, but do enjoy the look of my actual red stag made by Bulldog
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Charlie has a red stag congress, 4 bld
go to http://www.mattoxknife.com
thats the red stag brand with red stag sheild
hope that helps, $75.00
lphillips

Post by lphillips »

I noticed your older post on Red Stag knives i have one that is first edition number 150 of 250 smooth green bone red shield w deer 3 blade whittler
main blade is stamped red stag Germany and rear of main is stamped Goodwin Chattanooga , small blade is stamped Boker Solingen .
Forcedoutage

Post by Forcedoutage »

I know this is an old post, but I'm looking for some red stag brand knives if anyone has one they would sell. Thanks.
K3XR

Post by K3XR »

Have a collection of "Red Stag" Goodwin knives from the 80's may consider selling.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

K3XR,Welcome to AAPK,if you didn't notice the original post looking for Red Stag knives was made in 2005.
Roger
K3XR

Post by K3XR »

Sure did notice the date on the post would assume since it has not been closed it's still active. Is it not possible there may be person(s) who use this forum that may have an interest in "Red Stag" (Germany) knives and those who do not can simply disregard the post ?
markc503

Post by markc503 »

Are you still looking for the Red Stag pocket knife? I can tell you that the man who was the designer and worked with Coca-Cola comemrative knives did in fact live in Chattanooga TN and passed away this past year. I have #1 of 300 3 blade whittler he gave to me last year and I believe that his son has the rest of his personal collection other than the one that I have. Are you interested in purchasing it?
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

markc503 wrote:Are you still looking for the Red Stag pocket knife? I can tell you that the man who was the designer and worked with Coca-Cola comemrative knives did in fact live in Chattanooga TN and passed away this past year. I have #1 of 300 3 blade whittler he gave to me last year and I believe that his son has the rest of his personal collection other than the one that I have. Are you interested in purchasing it?
That post was from 2005...in case you don't get a response.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
markc503

Post by markc503 »

Doc B wrote:
markc503 wrote:Are you still looking for the Red Stag pocket knife? I can tell you that the man who was the designer and worked with Coca-Cola comemrative knives did in fact live in Chattanooga TN and passed away this past year. I have #1 of 300 3 blade whittler he gave to me last year and I believe that his son has the rest of his personal collection other than the one that I have. Are you interested in purchasing it?
Yes I did. I new David and since it seems that all of the information that these posts are virtually unanswered I might be able to answer some.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

markc503 wrote:
Doc B wrote:
Yes I did. I new David and since it seems that all of the information that these posts are virtually unanswered I might be able to answer some.
::tu:: ....and by the way... ::welcome:: welcome to AAPK!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
markc503

Post by markc503 »

Doc B wrote:
markc503 wrote:
Doc B wrote: That post was from 2005...in case you don't get a response.
::tu:: ....and by the way... ::welcome:: welcome to AAPK!
I thank you for that and in memory of Mr Goodwin, anything that I know of or about his contribution of the "Red Stag" brand that I can answer no matter how old of a post I will try to answer. David also worked for and with Double Cola and many of their comemrative items. His story of how he had come to name his "brand", Red Stag, came to be while he was in Germany working on the design was an amazing and enjoyable conversation. I wish I had known that he and I would only one more conversation with him before his passing.
I have only two of his knives one of which I will pass on to my son. It is the smaller of the two but is #1 of 100.
PhntmArcher

Post by PhntmArcher »

:shock:
I forgot about this and stumbled across it recently...Yes I am still looking for a few Red Stag (Brand) knives.

Be Safe out there!
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I have several Red Stag brand Knives for sale.
Tom
K3XR

Post by K3XR »

Yes, it's an old post and yes I would still be interested in "Red Stag" knives from Dave Goodwin to add to my collection. Thanks to those who posted information. DAN
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

K3XR wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:07 pm Yes, it's an old post and yes I would still be interested in "Red Stag" knives from Dave Goodwin to add to my collection. Thanks to those who posted information. DAN
I have a Red Stag canoe listed in my store if interested:https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... hinyknives
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Kicknroks

Post by Kicknroks »

Looking for any info, value, etc
Attachments
IMG_2022-10-13-19-59-39-550.jpg

Return to “Want Ads”