Need Help Identifying 6318

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Tannerpope

Need Help Identifying 6318

Post by Tannerpope »

I found this knife in a box of my dad's things and started cleaning it up and doing some research on it. From what I found on the internet this week, it
looks to me like a 90's tang stamp with 7 dots. When I do an AAPK year search, I don't see any 6318 models from that year. Do I just not
know how this stuff works or is something not adding up? Any insight is appreciated.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need Help Identifying 6318

Post by gsmith7158 »

Tannerpope ::welcome:: to AApk. You are reading the tang stamp correctly. Case has made the 6318 since sometime in the Tested Era which was !920-40. It is one of their most popular patterns and as far as I know it has been made every year since it's inception. The one that you have was made in the last half of 1993 the year that Case reverted back to the dot system. I'm not sure if an AAPK search by year will turn up any knife but rest assured it is an authentic Case.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”