Case Bros Bradford 1996 ... Brains Trust ???

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Brumbydownunder

Case Bros Bradford 1996 ... Brains Trust ???

Post by Brumbydownunder »

I have had this knife a while now and I'm hoping the Brains Trust here can just fill out some of the details for me.
I only have 6 Case knives and this one jumps out at me as being (to me at least) better quality than the rest (except for my Case/Bose)
DSCN7284 (2).JPG
Really nice F & F, super slick action, and beaut extra details with nice swedges on all blades.
Am I right in assuming that Case knives from around this time were given extra care and attention or have I just got lucky with this particular knife?
DSCN7285 (2).JPG
DSCN7286 (2).JPG
It would just be good to have a bit more knowledge about it.... any input much appreciated.

Thanks Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Bros Bradford 1996 ... Brains Trust ???

Post by gsmith7158 »

Derek I believe that's one of the Case Classics. Don't know if it was made by Blue Grass or in house though.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

All the Case Classics were made by Queen Cutlery for Bluegrass except three models which were made by Case. There were many models made just do a google search and you can find out a lot of info for them. In the early nineties Case were not doing well on sales and the owner at the time Jim Parker had these knives made to entise sales albeit that they were not made by Case funnily enough. More info on this page as well.
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/co ... nce-guide/

Russell
lbsmobile
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by lbsmobile »

Hello, Derek

There were two series to the Case Classics Production. Your knife, the 340 pttern, is from Series Two. I've attached a picture of a matching serial numbered Eleven piece set showing Five jig bones, Four smooth bones and Two stags. The knife you have is the only knife with a bowtie shield and the only one with the CB XX Stamping. The 340 pattern also holds a unique status among other Classics in that the program officially ended with a total of 350 of the stag (5340) shown in the bottom right of the attached picture. The etch on its blade includes "Saved the best for last"

Super quality knife. Don't hesitate to pick one up for an EDC if the price is right.
340 Set
340 Set
Ron M.
*Looking for Wendell Carson / Fightin Bull - Sleeveboard Pens.
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Thanks Greg, Russell and ibsmobile ::tu:: Just the sort of info I was after...

I was pretty sure it just wasn't a run of the mill knife. That's a seriously nice collection of them ibs

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Case made 4 Classic patterns in house,the 100 Saddlehorn,88 Congress,94 Gunboat and 54 trapper.All the others were made by Queen.
Roger
junom

Post by junom »

I'm sure about one thing ,don't try to get Case xx to repair one, I tried a few years back and I got a solid NO. George God bless

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”