17 Case Knives on Ebay Australia (Rare???)

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Brumbydownunder

17 Case Knives on Ebay Australia (Rare???)

Post by Brumbydownunder »

I have no interest in these and I suspect the guy is "dreaming" with his price-point but for those Case aficionados among us here is the link and a couple of his pics for what it may be worth.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17-CASE-CLAS ... Sw-0xYmEFN

I do not know or have any affiliation with this seller

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 17 Case Knives on Ebay Australia (Rare???)

Post by gsmith7158 »

I would think he's way out there in dream land with that sticker price. Looks like he would show some blade for that kind of jack. But you never know there may be a Case Classic collector out there whose one purpose in life is to have those knives. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

For that kind of money I'd have to get Steve to take a look before I did anything...

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

The price is in Aussie $ , its just under 6000 US, somewhere around 350 a knife or so. Mammoth ivory is not inexpensive. If someone wanted this set, I think it is a pretty fair price. I would want more photos for that kind of money though, and maybe a discount for bulk purchase. ; )
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
XxTestedxX

Post by XxTestedxX »

$350 for classic exotics is a great price, If you watch ebay enough (which I do, I watch every exotic that I find) they often sell 350-600 for the medium sized knives, 600+ for exotic clasps and toes.

a lot of cheddar to cough up, not really a "re-sale" by price. but a great option for collectors.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”