Case Classics STILL undervalued.

There were 37 knife patterns manufactured in the early to mid 1990s that make up the Case Classic line of knives. They are the product of Jim Parker's realization of a dream to replicate classic knives of many years past.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Case Classics STILL undervalued.

Postby Dinadan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm

What prices did Case Classics actually sell for when first released ? (i.e. not MRSP but actual amounts paid)
And what were the production numbers for some of the patterns ? (e.g. 100, 1000, 10,000 ??)

I have wondered about that myself. To me, the Classics are over priced today at $130 to $170 more or less, at least for whittlers. Just what did they sell for when new? In reference to what I said last year about collectible knives not gaining value, at least in the short term: I have several knives made as collectibles by Boker, Schrade, and Queen that are decades old mint condition, and I am certain that I got them for a lot less than they originally sold for.

I agree with Q that photos are good, so here is my one and only.
Attachments
Case2.jpg
Case Classic
Mel

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby QTCut5 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 am

Nice bone on that one, Mel.

Here's my current collection of classic wharncliffe whittlers.

PC210365.JPG

~Q~
Coyote is always out there waiting...and coyote is always hungry.
~~Navajo saying~~

When the pupil is ready...the teacher will appear
~~Mystic saying~~

kenny7478

Postby kenny7478 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 pm

case c.JPG
DSCN0389 (2).JPG
DSCN0391 (2).JPG
DSCN0392 (4).JPG
Don't know much about these knives

Lansky1

Postby Lansky1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm

ilikeknives wrote: I considered myself very fortunate to have held and owned these knives. I would love to sell the ten or so I have left, but not at a buck fifty for an 88 pattern mint with low production numbers.

I think the "buck fifty" is (and always was) well beyond the means of most knife guys - that pool is inherently small to begin with. I think the current interest has shifted to GEC by those with that kind of disposable knife income.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:05 am

kenny7478 wrote:case c.JPGDSCN0389 (2).JPGDSCN0391 (2).JPGDSCN0392 (4).JPG Don't know much about these knives

Neither do I except that I don't think they're Case Classics. Look like more recent standard Case production to me.

Post some better pictures (close ups of the knives themselves without the clamshell containers) in the Case Knife Collectors forum viewforum.php?f=66. Include pictures of the tang stampings and any box labels if you have them. Someone there will probably know about them.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby Dinadan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:39 am

Lansky1 wrote:
ilikeknives wrote: I considered myself very fortunate to have held and owned these knives. I would love to sell the ten or so I have left, but not at a buck fifty for an 88 pattern mint with low production numbers.

I think the "buck fifty" is (and always was) well beyond the means of most knife guys - that pool is inherently small to begin with. I think the current interest has shifted to GEC by those with that kind of disposable knife income.

I agree completely, John. Maybe if the Classics were really made by Case they would sell better since it seems, to me at least, that Case knives in general command an overly high price.
Mel

peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby peanut740 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Mumbleypeg wrote:
kenny7478 wrote:case c.JPGDSCN0389 (2).JPGDSCN0391 (2).JPGDSCN0392 (4).JPG Don't know much about these knives

Neither do I except that I don't think they're Case Classics. Look like more recent standard Case production to me.

Post some better pictures (close ups of the knives themselves without the clamshell containers) in the Case Knife Collectors forum viewforum.php?f=66. Include pictures of the tang stampings and any box labels if you have them. Someone there will probably know about them.

Ken

Those aren't classics.
Roger

Return to “Case Classic Knife Collector's Forum”