Info on value of 5 Case Classics with same serial number

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
john14_18

Info on value of 5 Case Classics with same serial number

Post by john14_18 »

I think I am in the right forum. Helping a friend of mine liquidate his collection and would just like some opinions on value of 5 Case Classics he has. I have been away form case knives for over 50 years but actually thinking about making him an offer on these. Have seen some individually on ebay but this is a set of 5 with the same serial number(0528) stamped on bolster. One is from 94,three from 95 and one from 96. All are mint ,no boxes. Not sure about correct color name of handles but they are 63046 except the stag which is 53046. Have posted some pics.

Thank you in advance and have a Blessed Day!
Attachments
DSC00572.JPG
DSC00574.JPG
DSC00575.JPG
DSC00577.JPG
DSC00578.JPG
Remember Psalms 37:4
Classic Case

Re: Info on value of 5 Case Classics with same serial number

Post by Classic Case »

These knives were sold by smokey mountain knife works. You would "subscribe"(for lack of a better word) and receive the same serial number as each was released. I would put the value at 70-90 +/- for the bone, with the stag higher.It's nice for the collector to have the matching serial #'s, but I don't think it would add a lot of value to the set. These are my opinions, and your milege may vary.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
john14_18

Re: Info on value of 5 Case Classics with same serial number

Post by john14_18 »

Thanks Chris! I certainly appreciate it I was thinking about the same and just wondering where to price them.

Thanks again!!
Remember Psalms 37:4

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”