CaseClassicsClub.com Membership

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
artmcclure
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

CaseClassicsClub.com Membership

Post by artmcclure »

I put in my application for caseclassicsclub.com, but never heard back. I figured I would join to learn about those knives, etc. Am I missing something? I tried to log in, but wasn't allowed. What did I do wrong?
Art McClure
Dickens

Re: CaseClassicsClub.com Membership

Post by Dickens »

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I guess that the "club" is defunct.
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I.S.R.A. Member
N.R.A. Member
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

So they took your money for nothing? I hear the NKCA Knife Museum is a big mysterious disappearing act too, can anyone shed some light on these two "collector's" clubs?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I signed up to join the NKCA in May 2014. They took my money, but I never received anything in return. I only called once, they never returned my call. Then I guess I just forgot about it. Maybe I'll try to call again.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
artmcclure
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by artmcclure »

No, they never took my money. I was waiting to find out where to send it. I'm glad you all responded. Now I can spend my money somewhere else. I just wanted to learn about the Case Classics. A good forum like AAPK has information that you can't find anywhere else. THANKS AGAIN!
Art McClure
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

I've been trying to pay my annual dues for the Case Classics Club for two years now and can't get a response. I can still post on the site, but haven't seen much point to it if no one is listening.
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

Hello all, just read this thread ….. I hope John doesn't mind but here is his email address : caseclassicsjohn@hughes.net

I know a few of the people in the club had some health issues, me being one of them. can't think of Sandy's last name but she was on of the officers at one time. Used to sell on Ebay as " Case Classic Girl " or something like that ?

Don't know how much help I've offered ?
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
artmcclure
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by artmcclure »

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna give up and find info on the Classic's elsewhere. No one ripped me off, so no harm done. Thanks again.
Art McClure
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Dean, but I've never got a reply from that email address for the last couple of years. If the club is still up and running they need to update their website to let us know. I'm grateful to John for having the vision to create such a great resource available to members of the Classics Club. The information available is amazing. I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find out why the club seems to be hiding (so to speak). I'll let ya'all know what I find out.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Hi Everyone,

I contacted John through a message on the Classics web site. Here's what I got back.

"Hi Elvis,
We are working on a new system for the club. Right now there is no easy way
to join or let members know their status...

PLEASE let everyone know they can contact me or Greg Hommon in the short
term for any info or help...

Thanks,
John
906-586-3142"

He also sent a copy to Greg Hommon that contained his email address: 'Greg Hommon' <ghommon@columbus.rr.com>

It's possible that the "Sandy" mentioned above goes by the handle "Texas Tank". If I'm not mistaken, she used to be a regular on AAPK. She is one of the Admin folks for the Classics Club. John's email came from the address clubmail@exede.net. I'm not sure if he can be contacted at that address or not. Even though it may prove difficult to join or pay dues right now, at least we know that the club isn't dead. I'm sure John or Greg can help if someone wants to join and I recommend doing so if you have any size of collection of the Case Classics. While Parker's book, Case Classics ~ Best in the Long Haul is an excellent source of information, the club web site contains many corrections and updates not found in the book. I hope this information proves useful.
Dickens

Post by Dickens »

I purchased a 2 year NKCA membership in September and paid with Paypal. They took my money and I never heard from them again.
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I.S.R.A. Member
N.R.A. Member
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Dickens wrote:I purchased a 2 year NKCA membership in September and paid with Paypal. They took my money and I never heard from them again.
As I posted earlier, the same thing happened to me.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

Just curious ? What does NKCA have to do with the Case Classics Club ?
Dean M. Morron

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

deanmm56 wrote:Just curious ? What does NKCA have to do with the Case Classics Club ?
Nothing.
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

I'm a long time knife collector but only recently focusing on Case Classics. I've also been wondering about what's up with the Case Classic site and obtaining a membership. I appreciate the information that's been posted here in regards to it.

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that the Classic site in question is the "go to" site for information and pics of classic case knives. For that reason I am very much interested in seeing it back up and running. I am concerned, based upon what I've read here, that the site has fallen by the wayside and is dying a slow death due to neglect as so many sites do. Am I correct in my interpretation? I hope not but welcome the thoughts of those who are members.

One more question: The book, Case Classics - Best in the Long Haulis selling for well over $100. Is it really worth the price? Anybody have any links to a review(s) that I could take a look at?

Thank you very much.
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
lbsmobile
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by lbsmobile »

Evening, MadTrapper
The problems mentioned regarding the Case Classics Collectors Club are on me. I have handled the technical side of the site for many years to help John. In my absence, due to several issues; things haven't always been as active and in top shape. That said, new members have continued to join so it's not been out of service so to speak. I do apologize to everyone that has had problems.

Today, there are no known issues with our site as it is fully functioning, updated and moving forward. All the contact information is current and we now have additional people managing the daily emails and membership processes. Some of the concerns I have encountered were due to folks signing up and not sending dues - which means nothing happens. I have noticed some of the regulars from here who have done the signup only; I assume they were merely testing the forums to see if that part was still working?

The Case Classics Collectors Club is dialed-in and dedicated to the Classics like no other site. It has been, is and will continue to be the premiere online knife forum for the Case Classics with over a decade of organized information and beautiful detailed photo's. We have a tried and tested, avid, hardcore membership with no intention of folding.

Again, I do apologize and I invite each of you to experience what we have to offer. With that said, I want to point out that I have been a member of AAPK and multiple other knife forums 'with the same user name' for as many years including a life member of the CCC. And I'm grateful for all the camaraderie extended through each forum.

MadTrapper, you can email me through this forum and I will gladly handle your process personally.

The attached pictures are a few of my Case Classics Displays.
Attachments
2091 Variations
2091 Variations
Stockmans
Stockmans
Coke Bottles
Coke Bottles
Serial Numbered Set
Serial Numbered Set
Ron M.
*Looking for Wendell Carson / Fightin Bull - Sleeveboard Pens.
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Thank you lbsmobile. I appreciate your prompt response and am glad to hear that the Case Classic site is functional and not going away. I'm new to Case Classics but have developed a strong interest in the wharncliffe whittlers. I'm looking forward to checking out the site.

Nice collection you have there!

Thank you.
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

5355 A III.JPG
5355 Arrowhead III.JPG
Going out to MadTrapper …. some eye candy for you since you like the Wharncliffe whittlers
Attachments
5355 B # III.JPG
Dean M. Morron

MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

deanmm56,

Sweet!!

Thanks for sharing.
black1970

Post by black1970 »

I posted on one of the CCC forums today and received an answer in less than an hour. They are up and running.
SSG Ret.
TN & TX ARNG
66-06

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”