Case tested xx refurbish help

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
casemaxx

Case tested xx refurbish help

Post by casemaxx »

Hey guys. Just recently joined. I'm wondering if you guys can help point me in the right direction. I just acquired 2 Case knives from my grandfather and they need some help. Is there any place I can send them in to be worked on? The worst of the 2 needs new covers as they are no longer on the knife. The lock up is still good and the blades are still nice and sharp. I'd like to get stag covers put on even though I'm not sure if it's what was originally on it. The serial number isn't visible.

I'm having a very hard time posting pictures to this site. I've read the sticky on how to do it and I understand the process. However I'm on my phone and every time I try to click on "choose file" nothing happens. So for now I'll just link you to them. Why isn't [IMG/] code allowed?

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/redrum ... ary/knives

Re: Case tested xx refurbish help

Post by 0078 »

Welcome, are the pictures you posted, is it of one knife or two knives? If it is one knife I would have to say someone has done some work on it already it looks to have a colonial knife blade on a case knife? The best way to see what knife you have is to measure it closed. Look for a case stockman knife in the case search engine or google case stockman knives look for knives that have the same bolsters as yours. Then you will know your pattern number. Look for a donor or a junk knife with good skins. Then contact a knife mechanic. Good luck with your project.
Where you plant your needs is where your garden grows.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case tested xx refurbish help

Post by orvet »

casemaxx wrote:I'm having a very hard time posting pictures to this site. I've read the sticky on how to do it and I understand the process. However I'm on my phone and every time I try to click on "choose file" nothing happens. So for now I'll just link you to them. Why isn't [IMG/] code allowed?
First Welcome to AAPK!

The reason we do not allow [IMG/] code is because if someone posts a picture, the picture only stays on our site as long as they maintain their account with the photo hosting service. If they let the account lapse, the picture disappears from our website.

This is a problem for those of us who are passionate researchers of knife patterns. When a knife is a pattern rarely seen, it is very frustrating to search the archives, find a post on that rare knife and when you get to the post the picture(s) of the knife is gone! ::dang::

We are a free sight and we have plenty of bandwidth for the pictures, and you don't have to pay extra to post your pictures here.
We just want to make the pictures remain on our site for people who like to use our site for research.

Perhaps not an ideal solution, but at least the pictures are not lost over time. ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”