New guy trying to find information

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Bodean46

New guy trying to find information

Post by Bodean46 »

New to knife forum. Bought a Case Knife for my son in 1988. It has 1982 World Champions on one side of imitation pearl handle and on the other St. Louis Cardinals. Can't find any information on it. Can anyone help?
Attachments
2013-01-19_08-16-45_583.jpg
2013-01-19_08-17-30_555.jpg
2013-01-19_08-18-40_42.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New guy trying to find information

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm not a Case guy but using the Case information found here -- http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wr_case/index.php -- on the forum, I can tell you:

Pattern 92042 means:
9 = Faux pearl or cracked ice handles. A synthetic look alike for pearl.
2 = two blades
042 = a three inch pen knife with blades on opposite ends.

The stylized "lightening" SS on the tang stamp along with the eight dots, indicates the knife was made in 1982 and I feel safe in saying it was an SFO (Special Factory Order) to Commemorate those rotten St. Louis Cardinals beating the Milwaukee Brewers (Brewers were in the American League at the time) in the 1982 World Series. The only consolation is it took the Cardinals all seven games to do it.

As far as current value... ::shrug:: Probably not much more than for an ordinary 1982 Case Pen knife unless you could get two Cardinal fans bidding against each other.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Classic Case

Re: New guy trying to find information

Post by Classic Case »

You should post this in the Case forum. It's not a Case Classic, so some of the Case knife guys might not see it here.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”