My 1st foray into the Case Classics

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
TAB2you

My 1st foray into the Case Classics

Post by TAB2you »

Gentlemen,

Be kind, it is my first foray into Case Classics. I read so much about fakes and horror stories on eBay that I stayed away for a while. Then I got interested in Wharncliffe whittlers and read here that Case Classics made some in their line. So I took a chance and dropped some coin. So I present to you my try at a Case Classic.

A 1992 Wharncliffe whittler. Slanted bolsters, a bow tie shield. Green bone or brown bone, I can't decide. Model 6355.

Whatcha think folks? I'd love your thoughts on who made it, and if it is green or brown bone.
image.jpg
image.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My 1st foray into the Case Classics

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's a fine piece of hardware Thomas. I don't know aces from elbows about Case Classics but I do know what I like and I sure like that one.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cato

Post by cato »

NICE , I DONT HAVE ANY MYSELF BUT BEEN LOOKING AT THEM,
FOR AWHILE I'VE GOT THE BUG. JUST HAVE NOT JUMPED YET.
BUT FROM WHERE IM SETTING THAT ONE LOOKS MIGHTY FINE
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Did they have a Honey bone? Or am I confused again? Oh yeah they have books on this stuff and a Case Classics forum.....--
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Thanks for showing the COA... Had I only read it I wouldn't look stupider than I already am...... Sorry ::dang::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

TAB,

You've got yourself a very nice Case Classic 355 ...... the addiction will be hitting you shortly, kinda like the flu but you'll get hot and sweaty every time you see a Classic from now on.

The 355 was not made by Case. Through a contract agreement with Blue Grass Cutlery, Jim Parker and probably a few others ... your knife was made by Queens. I do believe you have the Brown Rogers Bone.

One very well made knife .... either a collector or a user ..... and if a user , a mighty fine one at that.
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

What Dean said ::nod:: Nice Case Classic 6355 Whittler you have there Tab. ::tu:: I had been wanting one of those 355 Case Classic Whittlers for the longest time. Seems like I wanted one the most right when I was in a bind moneywise. So I go to the closest flea market to me one day, and low and behold I was walking around the flea market looking at knives I'd love to have and I walk up to a table with a Stag 5355 Case Classic with no price sticker on it. I thought to myself, I'll never be able to buy that knife with only the money I had on me, so I walked away from the table. 15 or 20 minutes went by and something in my head kept saying "go back and ask about that Case Classic Whittler". So I gave in and did. I'm glad I did, After talking with the seller a while I asked about the Classic Whittler. He told me that he got it in a lot trade and had one at home just like it. I asked what the price was on it. To my surprise he told me he didn't have any $$$ in it due to the way he had traded and priced it so low to me that I felt I stole it. I got box & C.O.A. with it. GOD sure works in mysterious ways doesn't he? GOD knew what I wanted and gave it to me when I was in such a bad money bind. The Case Classic series knives have to be given credit, regardless of the fakes and all the different storys about them, they are very well built top quality made knives. Any knife lover has to agree with that. Congrats. Tab on a nice catch on that CC Whittler.

Aimus
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sweet knife and glad to see you have the box and certificate too. ::groove::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That is one purty knife there TAB. The more I look at it the better I like it!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Besides looking nice, they're a handful of knife too. I had several years ago, but traded them for some of the 83 pattern whittler which I collect. Every now and then you can get a really good on a celluloid handled one on fleabay after the cell has started to gas-off. After a simple re-handle job, you've got a great user. Great catch on that one TAB!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”