Need some input on this ( 1 of 1 ) proto ?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
deanmm56

Need some input on this ( 1 of 1 ) proto ?

Post by deanmm56 »

Here's the link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

Need more than my own opinion about this knife. Thanks
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Need some input on this ( 1 of 1 ) proto ?

Post by royal0014 »

I would ask for more/better pictures. A cannitler from Case with a cheeta???

Why didn't he show the 'prototype' etch?

Dang nice looking knife, esp. for the starting bid. Might have to watch that one, too.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Yeah, a gunboat with a cheetah etch seems strange to me too . . . ::hmm::

Wonder why they didn't do the traditional canoe etch? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Your kidding right? It's a proto with COA as 1 of 1 except the picture proof is missing from the add. Even if it were all there I wouldn't trust it. Something is not right ::doh:: That's just my opinion.
If I could get it for less than $40 I'd take a wack at it. It can sit next to the other Proto bologny knife I peel potatoes with ::facepalm::

wazu013
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

I have sent the seller a nice email, asking if the COA is from Parker Knife Services or John Adams over at the Case Classic Club ..... have yet to hear back from the gentleman.

Actually he does have some nice legit Classics up for sale on Ebay ..... but I don't think he is promoting them in the right fashion to receive the highest bid. Anyone that collects Case Classics might want to look at what he is offering on Ebay. Of course, you may have already seen what I am talking about ?

If i get a reply from the seller I'll post it here.

Thanks,
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

You see these cheetah etches on different patterns in the case classic knives. They use the etch to make it a "prototype", as the regular release of the knife doesn't have the etch. Why he would not show the prototype engraving, or the COA is beyond me. ::shrug::
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
outkast

Post by outkast »

Classic Case wrote:You see these cheetah etches on different patterns in the case classic knives. They use the etch to make it a "prototype", as the regular release of the knife doesn't have the etch. Why he would not show the prototype engraving, or the COA is beyond me. ::shrug::
Agree back when the gary scott collection hit ebay I saw alotta cheetah etch classics.
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

He's added pictures of the "PROTO" markings on the back of the blade, and that part looks real enough, but with the tang stamp on the main blade, this knife looks like it was built in Bradford and not by Queen or Bluegrass.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”