XXX Saddlehorn and barlow

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Willy

XXX Saddlehorn and barlow

Post by Willy »

I bought this set back in 1989 from a ad in Blade magazine... Because I had bought this one I had the chance to buy some of the un etched knives but money was tight back then and I couldn't...
Attachments
classic-set.jpg
deanmm56

Re: XXX Saddlehorn and barlow

Post by deanmm56 »

Willy,

Two FINE looking knives there !!!!! Especially the Saddlhorn ...... because it is an XXX it is worth some money !!!!

Jim Parker had some innovative marketing techniques ..... I think the two knives you have were offered as a set and at a discounted price from the regular production prices. Great way of selling his Parker Brands along with other knives.
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Willy

Re: XXX Saddlehorn and barlow

Post by Willy »

deanmm56 wrote: Jim Parker had some innovative marketing techniques ..... I think the two knives you have were offered as a set and at a discounted price from the regular production prices.

You are correct... They came as a set in a folder... The barlow has always been one of my favorite knives... Just because its a barlow and has a damascus blade...I cant remeber the price but it seems that the two knives were about $80

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”