What can I do if I have a classic with no coa?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
ilikeknives

What can I do if I have a classic with no coa?

Post by ilikeknives »

I have a couple of classics that I bought before I knew that they should come with a COA. If I don't have one, or, if I have one that is questionable (like copied on a machine and white-outed)? Also, Is it ever possible to get boxes? :roll:
yerout

COA's

Post by yerout »

ilikeknives, you might try this address, Buzz had a few COA's left

Parkers Knife Collector Service
P.O. Box 23522
6715 Heritage Business Court
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37422

The Boxes you can find at knife shows the going price for them is around 10 to 15 bucks

Hope this helps !
Roger
Roger - 50/2050

Post by Roger - 50/2050 »

Howdy ilikeknives,

------- Roger's (yerout) way of contacting Buzz for your COA's for your Case Classic knives would be the right & correct way to go about this matter but last I heard Buzz had stated to a few of my Case Classic club member friends that he is in the knife business not the COA business! Try to contact John Adams of the Case Classics club through the clubs web site. John is the founder of this great & growing club & provides proper documentation (COA"S) for all Classic patterns, if you or anyone else on this site are unable to get through to him for this matter ya'll can shoot me an e-mail at latoots51@sbcglobal.net & under subject type in -------------> " Case Classics " & I will get back to you ASAP!

"Texas collector", Roger - 50/2050 :wink:
A standing life member of the "Case Classic Club", "allaboutpocketknives.com" & "elephanttoenails.com"
ilikeknives

Post by ilikeknives »

Both Rogers,
Thanks Much, sure is nice to get sound advice from collectors who know so much more than I. -Glenn :D
Willy

Case Classic COA

Post by Willy »

I happen to have a dozen COA and a few boxes ..The knives are gone.. I either sold them or some of the celluloid handled ones curled up on me and I had them rehandled... Anyway if anyone is interested in the COA's or boxes I can post them here....
Attachments
Rehandled case Classic... Mastodon Ivory ~ I figured since it was a Classic forum I should  post a Classic instead of a Bulldog.
Rehandled case Classic... Mastodon Ivory ~ I figured since it was a Classic forum I should post a Classic instead of a Bulldog.
mas-folder.jpg (26.85 KiB) Viewed 6244 times
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Hey,

Now THAT is some beautiful work!! ::tu::

Oh yeah.....Welcome to the forums. :D

Bill
Willy

Post by Willy »

thanks Bill... Interesting forum here... I collect Bulldog protos mainly but I never met a knife I didnt like... :roll:
Roger - 50/2050

Post by Roger - 50/2050 »

Howdy Willy,

---- Glad you joined in on the forum & really think your Howard Custom Bulldog Sunfish is very nice, thanks for sharing it with us! ... I also have a large collection of Bulldog "Prototypes" that are in the Elephant Toe/Sunfish pattern but stopped collecting them & made the move to collect the Case Classic 2050 pattern instead which brought me to this section of the AAPK's forum!!!

"Texas collector", Roger - 50/2050 :wink:
A standing life member of the "Case Classic Club", "allaboutpocketknives.com" & "elephanttoenails.com"
Willy

Post by Willy »

Roger I kind of went the other way.. I got rid of my Classics and started colecting Bulldog... I collect Prototypes also... I started collecting Classic in 1989 when I bought one of the XXX Saddlehorns from a advertisment in a knife magazine... I still have afew including the triple X but the Arizona heat got to a bunch of my Classic celluloids and ruined them... Irked me to say the least.. So I started collecting Bulldogs only with natual handles...
I made the best I could of a bad situation and had some of the ruined Classic rehandled .. I posted one on the forum here last night that was rehandled and scrimshawed... Anyway good to be here Ive learned a lot just reading the messages.... Willy
Attachments
Might as well post a picture
Might as well post a picture
saddle1.jpg (46.78 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
CCBill

Case Classic boxes and certs...

Post by CCBill »

Hey Willy...
I remember when you posted some pictures on the Case Classic web site. I was wondering where you went...
Email me and let me know what you want for your CC boxes and certs... Thanks...
CCBill...
bill.p@fanninelectric.com
ilikeknives

Post by ilikeknives »

Hey Willy, Did you get rid of all those boxes ??? And, what did you use to make that handle material shine on that 62100 ??? Thanks,-Glenn
LOW PRICE LEADER, ALL BRANDS, NIB KNIVES !
LOWEST COST & F-A-S-T SHIP TOO!
http://www.AtoZknives.com
Come see what you like.

Please visit my AAPK Store (i-like-knives) for Renaissance Wax,Simichrome, Flitz Cloths,pro-clean & care products, kits too!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”