Case Classic Proto's or not??

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Mayn60

Case Classic Proto's or not??

Post by Mayn60 »

I have been going through my collection lately and found these Case Classics, each and everyone of them has Proto or Prototype etched on the blade, my question is for real an not, and or a realisitic, fair price for them. Sorry about some of the picture quality. thx Dennis
Attachments
on the reverse side of blade has a C etched Proto xx beneath ht curve in the C tang stamp TESTED XX
on the reverse side of blade has a C etched Proto xx beneath ht curve in the C tang stamp TESTED XX
Front blade has CASE 19XX95 back of main blade has Prototype on blade and on tang has TESTED XX 72050
Front blade has CASE 19XX95 back of main blade has Prototype on blade and on tang has TESTED XX 72050
100_0917.JPG
back side of main blade TESTED XX 6391 and etched Proto
back side of main blade TESTED XX 6391 and etched Proto
Looks like a 1990 back of main blade has an etched Prototype
Looks like a 1990 back of main blade has an etched Prototype
jvoyles88

Re: Case Classic Proto's or not??

Post by jvoyles88 »

get back to me i will buy them
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

The best way to gauge value, is to find a similar item on ebay, and see what they go for. The proto marking that I can see, seems right.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
Mayn60

Post by Mayn60 »

Classic Case wrote:The best way to gauge value, is to find a similar item on ebay, and see what they go for. The proto marking that I can see, seems right.
OK thx, ah may be kinda hard, not many proto's for sale out there, checked ebay today, none there
Mayn60

Post by Mayn60 »

Mayn60 wrote:
Classic Case wrote:The best way to gauge value, is to find a similar item on ebay, and see what they go for. The proto marking that I can see, seems right.
OK thx, ah may be kinda hard, not many proto's for sale out there, checked ebay today, none there
guess didnt look very hard ::facepalm:: , found some
Mayn60

Post by Mayn60 »

Mayn60 wrote:I have been going through my collection lately and found these Case Classics, each and everyone of them has Proto or Prototype etched on the blade, my question is for real an not, and or a realisitic, fair price for them. Sorry about some of the picture quality. thx Dennis
Anyone interested, I have the 1072 Buffalo Horn for sale at the Knife-Auction, low reserve
Mayn60

Post by Mayn60 »

Mayn60 wrote:
Mayn60 wrote:I have been going through my collection lately and found these Case Classics, each and everyone of them has Proto or Prototype etched on the blade, my question is for real an not, and or a realisitic, fair price for them. Sorry about some of the picture quality. thx Dennis
Anyone interested, I have the 1072 Buffalo Horn for sale at the Knife-Auction, low reserve
SOLD, ty Mike

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”