Who Made Case Classics?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
deanmm56

Re: Who Made Case Classics?

Post by deanmm56 »

Steve,
Glad you have an interest in the Case Classics. There are many people here on this site that are way more knowledgeable than I. Ask all the questions you want and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. Another great source of info is at the Case Classic Club.
I've been scarce here on this site for some time due to some major medical problems, I hope that is all pasted history now.

Feel free to email me or send me a message and I'll give you some insight , especially on some of the prototypes.
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Americanknifejunky

Post by Americanknifejunky »

Hey Dean, nice to meet ya. Yeah, I'm the new kid on the block, but that's ok, better late than never. Sorry to hear about the health issues but I'm glad to hear your doing much better. A quick rundown about myself, I'm 51, owned my first case XX trapper at 9 yrs. old. Had a few knives before that. Got so good at sharpening knives on an Arkansas stone that I sharpened every knife in the neighborhood for all the adults, LOL. I just absolutely loved fine pocketknives. Then "life" got in the way of my dream of collecting as a young fella. Finally, last year, I began collecting & presently own over 70 knives, all new, with the majority being GEC ( LOVE 'em ), then Queen/S&M, Tuna Valley, Northwoods, Canal St., and 1 1st generation pearl Fight'n Rooster, oh, and 2 by Case. No Classics yet though. I buy several each month & I've been learning all I can about all the USA made pocketknives from any source possible. While I really am interested in all the companies, my personal favorite, if I could only pick 1, would have to be GEC. 'Ole Bill Howard has got to be my biggest hero, LOL. Definitely hooked, thus my forum name. Thanks Dean, for the warm invite & look forward to seeing you & everyone else on this forum for a long time to come!!! -Steve-
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

Hello again Steve,

I think my Grandfather gave me my first pocketknife at age 6 or 7. My Dad told him to give me a cheap one and not an expensive one, meaning nothing over $5.00 in those days ….. why, because Dad knew I'd loose it …… and I did.

If you get a chance, pick up a Case Classic, feel it in your hands, feel the quality of the knife …… you will be pleasantly surprised. If you are ever in Southern Ohio I suggest stopping in and chatting with David Scott …. one of the originators of the Case Classics. It's like opening up an encyclopedia of knives when you talk to David ….. a wonderful man that takes time out of his day to just talk knives.
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
Americanknifejunky

Post by Americanknifejunky »

Hey Dean, yes I've been looking at quite a few Case Classics & perhaps someday I'll buy a few, hopefully sooner than later. That XX trapper that I bought with my allowance & other $$ pooled up by doing little jobs as a young boy, I "thought" I had lost it on a neighborhood fishing trip with a buddy of mine. That knife was my pride & joy. Thought it must've fallen off the dock into the water. My "buddy" even jumped in the water with me looking for it. I was 13 by then, so I had that knife over 4 years, I was panicked. Never found it. My "buddy" was a year or so younger than me & I wound up marrying his older sister when I was 21. One night on a fishing trip together about 7 years after marrying his sister, he confessed to stealing my knife. About 8 years ago, while night fishing & shrimping with several other guys, the same thing happened with a Buck lock-back. I will NEVER EVER leave another knife in a tackle box, something I would do when everyone else seemed to be un-prepared & needed a knife to cut line & what-not. You can bet it won't happen again, if they're not prepared, they're not using mine. All of the knives I've purchased for my collection are safe-queens anyhow, so they won't go anywhere until I'm ready to part with 'em. Thanks for the recommendation. -Steve-

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”