Need help, Case and Boker knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
ibmenace

Need help, Case and Boker knives

Post by ibmenace »

Hello guys. I would appreciate some help if anyone has any pricing info on any of these knives. I am trying to help a friend out who is wanting to sell these knives that were passed down from his father. He wants to sell them to help fund a central air unit for his mother. As you know this week is going to be awful too. These are a few things that he is selling to help to take some of the cost burden off of her but he nor i have the knowledge needed to price these and i offered to help him find the values so that he does not get beat out of these to bad. I would like to apologize if my posting so many pic ' 16 ' of them in a thread is to much. So i will break them down into two posts. I will give what detail i can and a pic of the case and then the case open. These are in mint condition and never used or sharpened and have rarely been brought out. I would also be open to offers as well. I can offer alot of positive feedback on other sites that i am a member of and any information you would request to feel comfortable to make a purchase. I have never had a negative feedback for any sale i have made on any of these sites and am a honest a straight up guy and play no games. Thanks in advance for any help with this that anyone can offer, it will be greatly appreciated.
ibmenace

Re: Help please to Identify and price these case knives.

Post by ibmenace »

American eagle, limited edition 1 of 5000. 1 ounce silver dollar and numbered 1856.
Return of the lady blue ribbon series limitted. 1987 liberty silver dollar, 1947 silver half dollar, blue enlay in the words on blade. Numbered 1850. Also has original receipt of purchase from 1989.

100th anniversary case 1889-1989. Certificate of authenticity Only 3000 produced and this is numbered 0312. On the blade says Case xx tested centennial. This has a factory imperfection in the center of the handle and is not perfectly smooth and flush. Has grooves in the wood similiar to finger nail marks.
These next few come with a cardboard protector over the case and are Boker knives.
Collector coin and knife series, black case. Liberty bell half dollar dated 1960 and numbered 088.
ibmenace

Re: Need help, Case and Boker knives

Post by ibmenace »

Blues case, walking liberty half dollar dated 1943. Numbered 112
Green case, silver Barber half dollar dated 1907. Numbered 249
Brown crocodile skin case and marked W.R. CASE & SONS. Vietnam commemorative
limited edition, 1961-1973. Is numbered 087
Red case, Boker collector coin and knife series. Silver Kennedy half dollar dated 1964. Numbered 033

I am sorry that i had them a little out of order there towards the end. If i can help and answer any questions at all or if any further pics are needed please just ask and i will get right on it. Thanks
ibmenace

Post by ibmenace »

bump..
ibmenace

Post by ibmenace »

Come on guy's, it's like that...really! These are hard to find in these configurations and it's not like you can do a search and they're they are! I can not find anything on these. I know some of you have the knowledge needed here. It's not like i have been collecting knives for 30 years and should know this stuff! Just asking for a little help here.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Menace,
The floor board knife has a book value of $125. Usually you can sell knives for 1/2 to 3/4 of book unless you have two people wanting it. Then it can go up until one of them flinches. The Case coin sets are another story. One of 200 is rare. One of 5000 not so much. All the 1989 - 54 series knives are valued at $35 for yellow comp up to $120 for stag. I think you could get a little more because of the coins. As for the Boker knives I am clueless. I sold several of them and they had no rhyme or reason. The Europeans spend silly money on them but the locals held back some. If you sell them on Ebay offer to ship to Europe. It's a little risky but you will hit the mark there. The Vietnam trapper will get a little more. I think it sold for $89 but I could be wrong. I hope this helped you out a little.
wazu013
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
ibmenace

Post by ibmenace »

Thank you very very much wazu, i greatly appreciate the insight. That's what i was looking for. We were not sure if the value was possibly much higher or about the price range that you have put out there.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Your ebay selling price for the Bokers will be in the $30-$50 range, more or less.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
ibmenace

Post by ibmenace »

Well it looks like he is going to have to sell a few other things tomorrow to make it happen. He had a offer of $400.00 for the package so i guess he should jump on it.
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

ibmenace wrote:Well it looks like he is going to have to sell a few other things tomorrow to make it happen. He had a offer of $400.00 for the package so i guess he should jump on it.
I think that he would be very wise to take the $400 offer .

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
ibmenace

Post by ibmenace »

I really do appreciate the help and input guys. Thanks

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”