October 2022 Knife Giveaway

Enter our knife drawings here.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: October 2022 Knife Giveaway

Post by Colonel26 »

What an outstanding giveaway. I’m the world’s unluckiest entrant in these types of things but I’m entering and crossing my fingers anyway!

Thanks Q! And I recognize trust ivory work. I have a piece by that particular master craftsman and it is a jewel for sure.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Colonel, that's some pretty high praise with that master craftsman stuff. I don't know if it's true, but it sure is nice of you to say stuff like that. Thanks you too Marco, can't get anything past you. And wanted to mention Q and Glennbad for their generosity and kindness in giving stuff like this knife and Glens knives that he furnished, modded, and then gave away to several lucky winners including me. You two guys were such an inspiration of altruism that the spirit moved me and confirmed that it would be a good idea to join in the giving and do something in kind for someone else and I couldn't refuse. Since the knife was already covered for the month by generous Q, I just wanted to add my little personal item to the pot and hope the lucky winner is a fan of this kind of thing. Lanyards ain't everyone's cup of tea so who knows, but at least it gives the winner an option. Thanks again Q and all the monthly give-a-way knife suppliers for the generosity and kindness and thoughts for others. A great example of giving and serving our fellow folks out there. It's an honor to be in such company and part of the give-a-way. Thanks again everyone involved.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:42 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:39 pm I say Ivoryman, naturally! 8)
Marco, I believe you must be psychic! ::nod:: :lol:
Naw, just logical bud! I had read a post from Iman about him replacing, I believe it was pistol grips ::shrug:: from wood to Ivory, and I remember thinking to myself, "he has some serious skills", and I've just never forgotten that, so he was the first to come to mind. Oh, BTW, you should buy a lottery ticket!!! LOL! 8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Only one week left before the big drawing. All you procrastinators better pick your lucky number before they're all taken :wink:. I finally had to put a lid on the prize package with a total of three (3) bonus knives in addition to the AURUM, as well as some other little goodies. ::woot::
~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Verily, verily I say unto thee, "Take heed and procrastinate not the choosing of thy number, for the day of reckoning draweth nigh and shall descend upon thee like a thief in the night." ::sneaky::

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! ::stir:: ::oh_my:: :shock:
::uc:: ::paranoid:: ::suspense::
PA300003.JPG
~Q~
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:04 pm Verily, verily I say unto thee, "Take heed and procrastinate not the choosing of thy number, for the day of reckoning draweth nigh and shall descend upon thee likewise a thief in the night."
I love it Q, it reminds me of the origins of ‘procrastination is the thief of time’ from the 1742 poem Night-Thoughts by Edward Young - we’re you channeling Young?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

bestgear wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:27 am I love it Q, it reminds me of the origins of ‘procrastination is the thief of time’ from the 1742 poem Night-Thoughts by Edward Young - we’re you channeling Young?
Tom, I am flattered that you would actually consider me so erudite as to be able to channel a relatively obscure 18th century English poet. ::uc::

But, alas...I was in fact mimicking a revivalist tent preacher paraphrasing the well-known 19th century British author Charles Dickens (who was likely quoting Edward Young in his famous novel David Copperfield) and combining it with a verse from an even more famous & familiar text that I happened to remember from my youth in Sunday School (1 Thessalonians 5:2).
~Q~
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Well the trick & treating is over and the lottery number drawn last night informs us that Mark Hale's (sharpnshinyknives) pick of 432 was one away from the lottery number 433
October 2022 Winning Lottery Number.JPG
A PM is waiting for Mark's reply.

As a matter of record, this is the third time that Mark has won the monthly member giveaway (11/2019, 2/2020, and 10/2022) but he has also donated three times as well (9/2020, 11/2021, and 11/2022) - good Kharma - you be the judge ::handshake::

Anyways, congratulations Mark, I look forward to your reply to my PM! Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Congrats Mark.... ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

For some people, he who gives, gets. Congratulations Mark.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Congratulations Mark! ::ds:: ::tu::

Randy
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Just got home from seeing my doctor. What a pleasant surprise to open this up and find that I won, again.
Thank you Q for the great knife.
Thank you Tom for doing such a great job on these give aways.
Thanks all.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

CONGRATS!, Mark...a well deserved win with one off the 'mark'. :lol: ::tu::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats Mark!!! ::ds:: ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Well congrats SSK, glad for you. A great gift for a great guy from a great guy in a great giveaway run by a great guy. 👍
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Congratulations on a fine win my friend, ::handshake:: it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! I know you're dealing with some "stuff" right now, so I hope winning that beautiful knife will help lift your spirits, cuz good things happen to good people. Please be sure to post pictures of the other items ~Q~ sent you as a bonus, he sure stayed in the spirit of giving and remained excited about it through the entire giveaway, ::groove:: and that was nice to witness. Lastly, with luck as good as picking the number 1-off the actual number, you ought to buy a lottery ticket! ::nod:: ! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you all. It was nice to have some good news today.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Congratulations I hope enjoy October knife give away
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Congratulations
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Congratts!! :)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Congratulations!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

Congrats Mark ! ! !
Don
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Happy for ya Mark, couldn't go to a nicer AAPK member/seller, hope ya like the bead.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

When Q does a knife giveaway, he really goes all out. In addition to the Arum, he sent a Case mini trapper, Queen reverse peanut, a Stanley mini trapper, an Old Timer bottle opener, a Tac Force tactical, a Guide Series stag lockback, a Hawaii keychain and several stickers, my favorite being the 2nd Amendment sticker. Thank you again Q for the great give away goodies and the very nice note you included.
Thanks again Tom for making this all happen.
Attachments
1EEE34CE-A994-446E-B64D-BF8E6EEFCE9A.jpeg
27FB385B-F0E6-4E21-9B88-254665733518.jpeg
4663836C-02B0-4C22-9022-0930063F5C8D.jpeg
6ABB6050-37ED-425F-BBA3-E74243BFD466.jpeg
7CCC2484-6ACD-45E9-A90B-93A47C9398AF.jpeg
E5D03A1F-86BE-4426-B71F-7EF0ED3F6391.jpeg
4E6579BC-D967-48D3-9DFC-FE9D9E8D791C.jpeg
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:45 amThanks again Tom for making this all happen
you’re welcome Mark … is that an Ivoryman carved ivory bead on the lanyard too? I guess with all these “treats” Q is assured of no “tricks” - well done gentlemen!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”