October 2022 Knife Giveaway

Enter our knife drawings here.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

October 2022 Knife Giveaway

Post by bestgear »

This month QTCut5 (Quintus) decided to donate his AURUM custom single clip blade clock back knife with Red Jigged Wood handles (species of wood unknown). The type of steel is also undocumented but believed to be Stainless Steel. This beautiful custom has Brass Pins & Liners and the Classic Aurum-Engraved Wildlife Scene on Pile Side (not ALL rabbit hunts end with a "Bang"), Lanyard Tube, Closed Length = 3 3/8", Smooth Action, Solid Lock-Up, New/Never Used. Good luck!
Instructions for entering the giveaway...

Simply click here and select a number between 0 and 999.

You will have until October 31st (6:00 P.M. Eastern) to pick a number, after which entries will not be considered. The Illinois State Lottery evening pick three drawing will determine the winner on October 31st. The individual closest to the selected number without going over will win. The Illinois lottery results can be found on the following website:

https://www.illinoislottery.com/dbg/results/pick3

To be eligible to win, you must be 18 years of age and either (a) have made at least 100 total forum posts at the time of entering the monthly giveaway or (b) have previously donated successfully to at least one prior monthly knife giveaway.

Please ensure that your Board Preferences Miscellaneous Notifications are set to notify you via email when someone sends you a Private Message (PM) to ensure the time requirements below are met.

The first-place winner will be sent an AAPK PM after the drawing and will have three days to respond with contact and shipping information. If the first-place winner does not respond within three days, the knife will be offered to the next player on the list without going over.

The next-place winner will be sent an AAPK PM, and they will have one day to respond with contact and shipping information. If the next-place winner does not respond within one day, the knife will be offered in the same manner to the next player on the list without going over.

Good Luck!
Attachments
P8220004.JPG
P8220004.JPG (22.38 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
P8220005.JPG
P8220005.JPG (29.74 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
P8220006.JPG
P8220006.JPG (22.27 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
P8220008.JPG
P8220008.JPG (30.14 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
P8220009.JPG
P8220009.JPG (33.45 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
rea1eye

Re: October 2022 Knife Giveaway

Post by rea1eye »

Love that blade etching and a lanyard hole.

I am ready to own this.

Bob
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Since this month is Halloween, it's only right that the monthly GAW include a few extra "treats" in the goodie bag. The lucky winner will be pleasantly surprised (I think) by the additional surprises that will arrive with the AURUM lock back (no clock on the back, just a lock!) :wink: .

Here are the same photos as above that can be enlarged by clicking on them (click twice for super magnification)
Attachments
P8220004.JPG
P8220005.JPG
P8220006.JPG
P8220008.JPG
P8220009.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:50 pm….include a few extra "treats" in the goodie bag
just no tricks Q
Tom
AAPK Administrator

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the great knife Q. Br Fox seems to have done well. ::handshake::
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

That knife is a real beauty, ~Q~. A very generous contribution!
Mel
TPK

Post by TPK »

:shock: Sweet donation Q! Got my fingers crossed. ::fc::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Well, I, for one, am very excited about this month's GAW. Giving knives away to fellow knifers who appreciate them as much as I do is one of my favorite things to do. And, as I mentioned earlier, the lucky winner will get some extra special treats in their goodie bag...and they are very sweet treats too, if I do say so myself. One of the best surprises is a super special, hand-crafted item that was donated by another AAPK member who everyone knows but who shall remain a mystery for now ::paranoid::. His generous donation really ups the ante on the whole package...you can trust me on that! ::nod::

I happened to notice that there are a few members who have already chosen their numbers but do not have the required minimum of 100 posts. Apparently, not everyone reads or knows the rules :(. Fortunately, there's still plenty of time to make some posts or add some comments so they can get their number up to 100 before the end of the month. If you are one of those with less than 100 posts, I encourage you to get busy posting so you don't get left out in the cold on Halloween! (I only mention this because I'd like all AAPK members who wish to participate to be eligible to win.)

~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Very Knice, Q...An exquisite looking knife with extra's. We appreciate your donation(s). ::handshake::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
MichaelHansen

Post by MichaelHansen »

I love that knife. Fingers crossed. Best of luck to all :)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

MichaelHansen wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:46 am I love that knife. Fingers crossed. Best of luck to all :)
Welcome to AAPK MichaelHansen. Hopefully I'm wrong, but from your post I gather you may have entered the monthly give away. Without bothering to read the entry requirements, which you do not meet and cannot meet for this month's contest.
To be eligible to win, you must be 18 years of age and either (a) have made at least 100 total forum posts at the time of entering the monthly giveaway or (b) have previously donated successfully to at least one prior monthly knife giveaway.
Hope you'll stick around, participate in the forum, post some pictures of your knives, and enter again after you've met the requirements. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:25 pm…but from your post I gather you may have entered the monthly give away
I do not believe that MichaelHansen has entered this giveaway as of a few minutes ago Ken but I could be mistaken as the screen on my iPhone 8 is getting kinda small for these old eyes.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Hope you're correct Tom. When he says "fingers crossed" I assumed he entered. Hope I'm wrong and didn't offend him. ::facepalm::

I should have more faith in my fellow man!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:51 pm Hope you're correct Tom. When he says "fingers crossed" I assumed he entered. Hope I'm wrong and didn't offend him. ::facepalm::

Ken
Ken - if you click on the link to enter a number above, don’t you see a list of all entrants or is that one of my super powers?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

bestgear wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:02 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:51 pm Hope you're correct Tom. When he says "fingers crossed" I assumed he entered. Hope I'm wrong and didn't offend him. ::facepalm::

Ken
Ken - if you click on the link to enter a number above, don’t you see a list of all entrants or is that one of my super powers?
I see the list so guess it's not just an admin feature. Wasn't aware I could do that.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:49 pm.....wasn't aware I could do that
I figured that was the case - no harm, no foul my friend - but as you can now see in the list, we still have entrants this month that didn't read or choose to ignore the eligibility rules in huge red font - I guess the Oracle of Rockford is spot on when he stated that "people are allergic to reading" (https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... 23&t=76712) ::hmm:: ::shrug::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

As of today, I see 6 non-readers & and 2 N/A's. Geez Louise. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Well, hopefully they'll learn how to play by the rules. In the meantime, it makes for better winning odds for the qualified entrants.

BTW: the prize package continues to grow as I keep finding extra treats to throw into the cauldron ::stir::.
(If the end of the month doesn't get here soon, I might end up having to send everything in a shipping container! ::woot::)

~Q~
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:15 pm…. makes for better winning odds for the qualified entrants
Exactamundo Q ::nod::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I have a question(s) regarding numbers picked by non-qualified personnel.

* Are the numbers they picked "lost" and unusable?
* What if an unqualified person chooses a number that a qualified person wanted to pick, but now can't choose that number?
* Why not remove the unqualified person's name and throw the number they picked back into the selection as soon as its realized?
* To me, if the unqualified chosen number is allowed to remain for the entire month, then wouldn't those unqualified people continue to believe that they 'are' qualified? (because they didn't read the rules in the first place)

Not trying to stir any pot, but it is something I've 'stewed' over a bit. (with a gracious smile, of course) Just a fleeting thought...
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

KLJ77 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:35 pm I have a question(s) regarding numbers picked by non-qualified personnel.

* Are the numbers they picked "lost" and unusable? Yes, to minimize any custom development work to exclude participants that don't meet the eligibility criteria to win, it was decided to let them enter rendering the numbers they picked as lost and unusable for that month
* What if an unqualified person chooses a number that a qualified person wanted to pick, but now can't choose that number?(a) Enter the monthly contest as early in the month as possible to get your number before someone else does or (b) pick the next number higher than the one occupied (which could also be occupied by a qualified person to win)
* Why not remove the unqualified person's name and throw the number they picked back into the selection as soon as its realized?because the custom development work to remove the unqualified person's name and throw the number they picked back into the selection as soon as its realized would place an undue burden on our sole site developer (Bryan)
* To me, if the unqualified chosen number is allowed to remain for the entire month, then wouldn't those unqualified people continue to believe that they 'are' qualified? (because they didn't read the rules in the first place)the unqualified entrants can believe whatever they like but the rules will be enforced at the end of the monthly contest at which time if there's a dust-up, they'll be forced to read the rules

Not trying to stir any pot, but it is something I've 'stewed' over a bit. (with a gracious smile, of course) Just a fleeting thought...
Hope this sufficiently answers your questions, Ken. It is a work in progress with future enhancements coming as time allows. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Thank you Tom for your concise answers. I didn't realize the complexity of what Bryan would have to contend with by adhering to my questions. You've explained it very clearly for me, and I appreciate you taking the time to 'clear it up'...at least, for me. ::handshake:: Makes sense now.
LJ

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:13 am One of the best surprises is a super special, hand-crafted item that was donated by another AAPK member who everyone knows but who shall remain a mystery for now ::paranoid::. His generous donation really ups the ante on the whole package.
Sneak peek of one of the the extra treats included with the AURUM: a hand-carved ivory skull bead & lanyard.

PA160012.JPG
PA160007.JPG
PA160011.JPG

(Can you guess who the "mystery benefactor" is??? ::suspense::)

~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I say Ivoryman, naturally! 8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:39 pm I say Ivoryman, naturally! 8)
Marco, I believe you must be psychic! ::nod:: :lol:

~Q~

Return to “AAPK Knife Giveaways”